Parts Made In China, Are They OK To Use?

Old September 22nd 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

Default Parts Made In China, Are They OK To Use?

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:18:29 +0200, > wrote:

> On Sep 14, 11:51*am, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
>

>> country of manufacture has less to do with quality of the parts than the
>> company contracts the foreign manufacturer.... "China" will manufacture
>> anything you want and to whatever you specify. if you want cheap, they
>> can
>> do it, if you want quality, they can do it... But since quality costs
>> money,
>> lots of companies contracting then importing parts don't spend the coin
>> for
>> good quality nor good quality control....- Hide quoted text -
>>

> I bought a couple of locking type pliers (vise-grips) that were made
> in China.
> Just for fencing. Pretty light weight use. Broke the damned things
> the
> first time I clamped them on a wire. Never again.
>
> And now I understand that the company VISE-GRIP is moving their
> manufacturing
> to China. I bought couple more pairs of them a few weeks ago as I
> knew they
> were still made here and good quality. Now if I don't lose them like
> the others
> I had.
>
> Randy

As someone mentioned before me, in China you can order and buy any quality
you want of a certain product.
Even the same factory might offer different qualities, so do not blame the
nation China for some importer/retailers greed and lack of moral..
I am not saying I'm happy about all thing being produced in China, but get
your facts straight before slandering, from that we will all benefit.

J.

Old September 22nd 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 04:03:02 +0200, P.J.Berg >
wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:18:29 +0200, > wrote:
>
>> On Sep 14, 11:51*am, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
>>

>>> country of manufacture has less to do with quality of the parts than
>>> the
>>> company contracts the foreign manufacturer.... "China" will manufacture
>>> anything you want and to whatever you specify. if you want cheap, they
>>> can
>>> do it, if you want quality, they can do it... But since quality costs
>>> money,
>>> lots of companies contracting then importing parts don't spend the
>>> coin for
>>> good quality nor good quality control....- Hide quoted text -
>>>

>> I bought a couple of locking type pliers (vise-grips) that were made
>> in China.
>> Just for fencing. Pretty light weight use. Broke the damned things
>> the
>> first time I clamped them on a wire. Never again.
>>
>> And now I understand that the company VISE-GRIP is moving their
>> manufacturing
>> to China. I bought couple more pairs of them a few weeks ago as I
>> knew they
>> were still made here and good quality. Now if I don't lose them like
>> the others
>> I had.
>>
>> Randy

> As someone mentioned before me, in China you can order and buy any
> quality you want of a certain product.
> Even the same factory might offer different qualities, so do not blame
> the nation China for some importer/retailers greed and lack of moral..
> I am not saying I'm happy about all thing being produced in China, but
> get your facts straight before slandering, from that we will all benefit.
>
> J.

Ps.
This was aimed directly towards you Randy, but written to all of us since
there are several people following this thread.
Poorly written on my behalf.

Old September 22nd 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
george taylor

Just don't eat the paint!

Old September 23rd 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Busman

Or drink the milk .....