60's cars for rFactor?

Old January 17th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Default 60's cars for rFactor?

Did I read somewhere there was a mod that has 60's like GTL cars for
rFactor? if so any hints where that was? I have both but on my kids PC
(formerly mine) rFactor runs a lot better on it, would be fun to race head
to head with a couple buddies when they come up for the weekend... thanks!
yeah I have 2 copies of rFactor, my brother never installed (the keys) the
one I bought for him... thanks.

Old January 17th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

IIRC, it's called "60's Challenge", and it's available at rFactor
Central. It has a Cobra, a Cobra Daytona, a Ferrari coupe, and one
other slower car. This is all from memory so don't quote me on it.
The Daytona is the most fun to drive.

Pat Dotson

Old January 30th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ron Ronchetto

Plowboy... here is the link to the download at rFactor Central..
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...GT%20Challenge

They are beasts to drive.... very challenging. The Alpha Romero is by far
the easiest to master. The Cobra's that come with the Mod are almost
undrivable. You need to get the Cobras from the original Mod.....
(Legends - http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...=Legend%20Cars )
and also the 9 add-on cars that are listed there as well. If you need
some assistance with them... as well as setups... let me know. Ron

Old January 31st 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"Ron Ronchetto" > wrote in message
> Plowboy... here is the link to the download at rFactor Central..
> http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...GT%20Challenge
>
> They are beasts to drive.... very challenging. The Alpha Romero is by
> far
> the easiest to master. The Cobra's that come with the Mod are almost
> undrivable. You need to get the Cobras from the original Mod.....
> (Legends - http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...=Legend%20Cars )
> and also the 9 add-on cars that are listed there as well. If you need
> some assistance with them... as well as setups... let me know. Ron

It seems the AC Cobras are tough to drive in GTL too. I never drove the
427ci, but did get to take a 289ci for a few laps at Road America back in
'66 or so. GTL/rfactor both make them extremely loose when, in fact, they
understeered more than oversteered. Even the 289 could get away from you on
exit if you got too quick on the accelerator, but about every car out there
could do that, even my old TR3. Thanks for the link.........

Ed

Thank An Enviromentalist / Democrat Dave Head Driving 80 May 14th 06 01:37 AM
cars for sale, classic cars for sale classiccarmall.net Dodge 0 March 30th 06 09:49 AM
Dealing with Flood Cars Big Earl Dodge 3 October 4th 05 02:42 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM