A4 1.8T buying advice please

Old August 6th 04, 09:41 PM
Paul Anderson

Alec said the following on 05/08/2004 18:12:

> PS did they do the "C" arm to the rollbar ?

Yes.
Old August 8th 04, 10:05 PM
Jon E

Hi,

Thanks for all the advice, most appreciated. I went and looked at one today
which sounded good. 2 owners from new, FASH, and he said it was in
excellent condition.

When we got there it had terrible swirly paintwork, a few dings here and
there, loads of scatches, and the back seats had had a dog living on them by
the looks of things, covered in hair, small scratch/rips and stains.... and
he was asking £4250. I wuoldn't have givne him 3k.

Waste of time. So I'm still looking, maybe thinking of spending a little
more, maybe up to 6k for a nice one.

Thanks again guys, really helpful

Cheers,

Jon

Old August 9th 04, 09:38 AM
Robert Smits

The belt should OFFICIALLY be changed at 120,000 KM. Ours broke at 113,000
KM and caused damage fro NZD $6,000.00. Audi NZ admitted later on that
100,000 KM is considered HIGH K's for an A4. They don't recommend buying A4
over 100,000 KM because there will be MANY problems with it.
Be warned!
Cheers, Robert

"Jon E" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in buying an A4 1.8T Avant and was wondering what to check
> for. I've heard there is something like a timing belt to be changed

around

Old August 11th 04, 10:46 AM
Jesper Giovanni

In ,
Robert Smits > typed:
> The belt should OFFICIALLY be changed at 120,000 KM. Ours broke at
> 113,000 KM and caused damage fro NZD $6,000.00. Audi NZ admitted
> later on that 100,000 KM is considered HIGH K's for an A4. They don't
> recommend buying A4 over 100,000 KM because there will be MANY
> problems with it.
> Be warned!
> Cheers, Robert

Maybe the dealer just got tired of you "ranting" and all, and told you what
he "needed" to get you to leave!? ;o)
I dont think many of us inhere agree with you - that a 100k km A4 is
something you should keep your hands off.

Maybe you had a bad model...one made on a monday, that was just doomed from
the beginning. *s*

--
Gio
97.5 A4 1.8T Limo tt - with 206.000km´s on the gauge

advice on buying an A4 adam Audi 1 July 20th 04 05:43 PM
2001 Audi A6...Buying Advice Z Audi 2 July 16th 04 04:04 PM
Early GTV: Buying Advice Simon C Alfa Romeo 2 June 29th 04 09:20 PM
Used 156 buying Advice Please ? Steve Haigh Alfa Romeo 0 April 28th 04 09:12 PM
Alfa 33 Permanent 4 Advice Please rossco103 Alfa Romeo 0 April 26th 04 01:53 PM