Tired of seeing.........

Old October 13th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

Default Tired of seeing.........

Porche Turbos and Corvettes and a few other fasts just loping along.
At least I used to light up the tires on my old 88 Mustang 5 liter coup.
Blue smoke from the burning gatorbacks would fill the fall air...........
Someone would always call the fire department.
As I headed out of town.

Old October 13th 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:30:11 -0400, Nick Naim wrote:

> Porche Turbos and Corvettes and a few other fasts just loping along.
> At least I used to light up the tires on my old 88 Mustang 5 liter coup.
> Blue smoke from the burning gatorbacks would fill the fall air...........
> Someone would always call the fire department.
> As I headed out of town.

Bwahhhahahaha
ya really think that piece of crap of yours could outrun either mentioned?
In city driving, I'll bet that neither the Porsche nor Vette will ever be
out of 2nd gear, while you're in 4th.

My 74 barracuda could have run circles around your POS.
I had a 69 dodge coronet station wagon with a 383 750holly quad carb.

Your 88 mustang was total junk.
Old October 13th 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

"Nick Naim" > wrote in
m:

> Porche Turbos and Corvettes and a few other fasts just loping along.
> At least I used to light up the tires on my old 88 Mustang 5 liter coup.
> Blue smoke from the burning gatorbacks would fill the fall air...........
> Someone would always call the fire department.
> As I headed out of town.

I can see them wanting to avoid a speeding ticket,as those cars DO attract
undue attention from police,and smoking expensive tires doesn't make much
sense.Those low-profile tires already have short tread lives.

But it's worse when they are -slothing- along,driving like they were
grandmas.
makes me wonder why they spend the bucks to get a hi-performance auto.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old October 13th 09, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

"Nick Naim" > wrote in
m:

> Porche Turbos and Corvettes and a few other fasts just loping along.
> At least I used to light up the tires on my old 88 Mustang 5 liter coup.
> Blue smoke from the burning gatorbacks would fill the fall air...........
> Someone would always call the fire department.
> As I headed out of town.

You really are a psychopath aren't you?. And how many kids did you run over
while "proving" you're not the micro-wienie homo you know deep down you
are.??

HAHAHAHA
Old October 13th 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-10-13, Jim Yanik > wrote:

> I can see them wanting to avoid a speeding ticket,as those cars DO attract
> undue attention from police,and smoking expensive tires doesn't make much
> sense.Those low-profile tires already have short tread lives.

I would like if many of their drivers would just get more performance
out of them on accelerating away from a stop as I do out of my bicycle.

> But it's worse when they are -slothing- along,driving like they were
> grandmas. makes me wonder why they spend the bucks to get a
> hi-performance auto.

To show off and be arseholes. Consider the vette driver I encountered
today. Behind him a left turn lane. Takes off and makes the turn so
slowly that I could have passed him if I were on my bicycle. The slothy
SUV ahead of him even made the turn and was down the block before he
completed the turn. On the turn's completion I change lanes to the right
and start mildly accelerating... the lumbering SUV is up ahead. Suddenly
vette boy finds the go pedal and accelerates to towards the SUV so I
can't pass him.

Old October 13th 09, 06:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

wrote:

> Porche Turbos and Corvettes and a few other fasts just loping along.
>At least I used to light up the tires on my old 88 Mustang 5 liter coup.
>Blue smoke from the burning gatorbacks would fill the fall air...........
>Someone would always call the fire department.
>As I headed out of town.

It's rare to see ANYONE accelerate fast anymore regardless of what
they drive. It still begs the question, why do they spend $50K and
then putt around like an old lady.
Old October 13th 09, 11:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Oct 13, 1:37*am, Ashton Crusher > wrote:

> It's rare to see ANYONE accelerate fast anymore regardless of what
> they drive.

Define "fast".

> It still begs the question, why do they spend $50K and
> then putt around like an old lady.

Any number of reasons. Maybe #1, the engine isn't yet warm.

The first car I had with an oil temp gauge was an '84 Vette (not mine,
my dealer demo). It took about 15-20 minutes of "average" surface
street driving before the oil reached even 180

The nice thing about the Vette, the chicks overtly try to get your
attention (if you're at least as good looking as I am). Don't want to
be going too fast to miss that/those/them.

('Course I was young in '84. But when I had the '61 last year, that
drew almost as much attention.)

I guess most people these days don't tend to think of warming up the
engine before flogging the **** out of it. Nintendo don't need no
****ing warm up, why should a car, right?
-----

- gpsman
Old October 14th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

"richard" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:30:11 -0400, Nick Naim wrote:
>
>> Porche Turbos and Corvettes and a few other fasts just loping along.
>> At least I used to light up the tires on my old 88 Mustang 5 liter coup.
>> Blue smoke from the burning gatorbacks would fill the fall air...........
>> Someone would always call the fire department.
>> As I headed out of town.
>>

> Bwahhhahahaha
> ya really think that piece of crap of yours could outrun either mentioned?
> In city driving, I'll bet that neither the Porsche nor Vette will ever be
> out of 2nd gear, while you're in 4th.
>
> My 74 barracuda could have run circles around your POS.

NO........
> I had a 69 dodge coronet station wagon with a 383 750holly quad carb.
>
> Your 88 mustang was total junk.

NOPE....only thing that went bad on that car was a blown out RF headlight at
96673 miles.
OEM Gatorbacks were at 70% good when I made the mistake of selling it at
97500 miles.
Mine was the so called Taxi/Trooper model. 5 speed.
NO leather
No AC
No power windows
No cruise control ect
Thee only thing under the hood was ...Motor and a battery.
And where do I as OP compare the mustang to those super cars?

Tired of mechanics and the run around... 71-transporter VW air cooled 22 December 2nd 06 11:06 PM
95 m-ed...tired motor peter Mazda 9 October 3rd 06 12:58 AM
Tired While Pumping Gas? Old Wolf Driving 0 June 29th 06 06:54 AM
Tired GTV 2.0 Engine SteveH Alfa Romeo 2 October 12th 05 05:55 PM
My Dam tired YJ Dirty Ditch Dawg Jeep 8 March 23rd 05 01:25 AM