we buy any car dot com

Old June 18th 10, 02:49 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default we buy any car dot com

I just tried out the above website to get a price for the 156. Its a 2.0JTS
2002 in good condition (apart from the rear bumper).

Eight Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds only. £835.

I laughed out loud, then closed the browser!

Old June 18th 10, 03:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> I just tried out the above website to get a price for the 156. Its a 2.0JTS
> 2002 in good condition (apart from the rear bumper).
>
> Eight Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds only. £835.
>
> I laughed out loud, then closed the browser!

I'll give you a fiver, and you need to fix the bumper

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 18th 10, 03:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> I just tried out the above website to get a price for the 156. Its a
>> 2.0JTS 2002 in good condition (apart from the rear bumper).
>>
>> Eight Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds only. £835.
>>
>> I laughed out loud, then closed the browser!

> I'll give you a fiver, and you need to fix the bumper

Its just a scratch guv. Bit o T-cut (half a bottle) and it'd be gone in no
time.

Actually, does t-cut work on body-coloured, plastic bumpers, or only on
painted metal parts? I don't see why it shouldn't, but I don't know what
undercoats are used and how T-cut might affect them etc. Just a query as I
haven't tried it yet, but as the weather looks like it has turned, I might
just find a weekend afternoon to deal with the various stone chips and door
dings etc.

The damage on the bumper is just a scrape when I was rear-ended by a
neighbour (ooh err!) at the junction exiting our estate.

Old June 18th 10, 04:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Gt spoke:
> I just tried out the above website to get a price for the 156. Its a 2.0JTS
> 2002 in good condition (apart from the rear bumper).
>
> Eight Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds only. £835.

This very day a friend of mine valued his 53 reg Rover 75 with 170k miles on
at, and it came back with £850 - which he though was reasonable, since he only
paid £1400 a year ago.

> I laughed out loud, then closed the browser!

They offered £195 for SWMBO's N reg Scooby imprezza, no tax, no MOT, no clutch
and a dented front wing.

Same day they valued my 53 reg 1.9jtd at £1800

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old June 18th 10, 05:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

GT > wrote:

> I just tried out the above website to get a price for the 156. Its a 2.0JTS
> 2002 in good condition (apart from the rear bumper).
>
> Eight Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds only. £835.
>
> I laughed out loud, then closed the browser!

That's about right for a trade value, though.

Not quite comparable, but I've seen a last of the pre-facelift Veloce
Sportwagons with the 1.6TS and leather with an asking price of under a
grand recently.

Ageing Alfas are worth sod all, generally - although if you want a
really nice example, you'll have to pay for it.
--
SteveH
Old June 18th 10, 07:43 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> GT > wrote:
>
>> I just tried out the above website to get a price for the 156. Its a
>> 2.0JTS
>> 2002 in good condition (apart from the rear bumper).
>>
>> Eight Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds only. £835.
>>
>> I laughed out loud, then closed the browser!

> That's about right for a trade value, though.
>
> Not quite comparable, but I've seen a last of the pre-facelift Veloce
> Sportwagons with the 1.6TS and leather with an asking price of under a
> grand recently.

Aw hell! Mine is in good mechanical condition. The front wing has started to
rust at the drivers door end. Its early days, but I've never dealt with rust
before - any pointers?

Old June 18th 10, 07:53 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> I just tried out the above website to get a price for the 156. Its a
>>> 2.0JTS 2002 in good condition (apart from the rear bumper).
>>>
>>> Eight Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds only. £835.
>>>
>>> I laughed out loud, then closed the browser!

>> I'll give you a fiver, and you need to fix the bumper

> Its just a scratch guv. Bit o T-cut (half a bottle) and it'd be gone in no
> time.
>
> Actually, does t-cut work on body-coloured, plastic bumpers, or only on
> painted metal parts? I don't see why it shouldn't, but I don't know what
> undercoats are used and how T-cut might affect them etc. Just a query as I
> haven't tried it yet, but as the weather looks like it has turned, I might
> just find a weekend afternoon to deal with the various stone chips and door
> dings etc.
>
> The damage on the bumper is just a scrape when I was rear-ended by a
> neighbour (ooh err!) at the junction exiting our estate.

It'll work on (virtually) anything if it's not gone through the top
coat. It's only a polish.

Old July 1st 10, 01:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Simon Bothwell

I did the same with my '99 2.0 156, ( 75,000 miles ) they offered £385! I've
also been told that when you deliver the vehicle to their depot they keep
you hanging around for hours then offer an even lower price!!

Old July 2nd 10, 10:11 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Charlie Money

On Jul 1, 8:21*am, "simon bothwell" >
wrote:
> I did the same with my '99 2.0 156, ( 75,000 miles ) they offered 385! I've
> also been told that when you deliver the vehicle to their depot they keep
> you hanging around for hours then offer an even lower price!!"GT" > wrote in message

That's part of the scam. Offer you one price, knowing that when you
get to the drop off point, you will almost certainly have made other
arrangements for getting home or wherever, and probably a new car
lined up. Lower the price for spurious reasons, safe in the knowledge
that most people will end up caving in due to the hassle.

Obviously if any lawyers are reading, I didn't say that...