Whooeeey...

Old January 22nd 07, 11:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pee JayEl

Default Whooeeey...

Bart Westra > wrote in message

> "Pee JayEl" > wrote in message
> g.com...
> > I've got a full copy of GT Legends and I do like it. Haven't tried with

the
> > MOMO, the insert disk thing is a bit of a pain for GTR and GTL. It's

one of
> > the main reasons that I continue with rFactor. I wll give both a shot

with
> > the MOMO.
> >
> > One thing that I did try was to deactivate the FF and I found that the

car
> > was a lot less twitchy. I still found myself pointing the wrong way too
> > many times and the SNAP back of the steering from smooth turning to

turning
> > too much is still there, but not as often.
> >
> > Who knows? Thanks for your insights PB

> Sounds like maybe you should check to box to invert the force feedback

and/or
> adjust the sensitivity of the steering axis....
>
> Bart

Bart,

I've got the FF at -65, I've also tried -80 and -98, and what I was trying
to find out in my original post was any settings, like the sensitivity and
such that may improve the "responsiveness" of the wheel.

Thanks,

PJ

Old January 22nd 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bart Westra

"Pee JayEl" > wrote in message
g.com...

> Bart Westra > wrote in message
>>
>> "Pee JayEl" > wrote in message
>> g.com...
>> > I've got a full copy of GT Legends and I do like it. Haven't tried with

> the
>> > MOMO, the insert disk thing is a bit of a pain for GTR and GTL. It's

> one of
>> > the main reasons that I continue with rFactor. I wll give both a shot

> with
>> > the MOMO.
>> >
>> > One thing that I did try was to deactivate the FF and I found that the

> car
>> > was a lot less twitchy. I still found myself pointing the wrong way too
>> > many times and the SNAP back of the steering from smooth turning to

> turning
>> > too much is still there, but not as often.
>> >
>> > Who knows? Thanks for your insights PB

>> Sounds like maybe you should check to box to invert the force feedback

> and/or
>> adjust the sensitivity of the steering axis....
>>
>> Bart
>>

> Bart,
>
> I've got the FF at -65, I've also tried -80 and -98, and what I was trying
> to find out in my original post was any settings, like the sensitivity and
> such that may improve the "responsiveness" of the wheel.
>
> Thanks,
>
> PJ

Maybe the checkbox I was thinking of is in another sim. I thought that maybe
you have the FF inverted, which can give a twitchy feel. In rFactor you would
try this by using a positive value for FF then instead of forementioned
checkbox. I tried to test myself, but it takes too long to reinstall the Momo
in rFactor (G25 now). That is: the controller works but I receive no FF.
Perhaps someone with a working install can help out better...

Bart