Another "rFactor is great" post

Old January 16th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Another "rFactor is great" post

After quite a few hours with this sim I must say I am utterly and
completely convinced about the greatness of this games.

After driving the Oz supercars for a couple of hours I noticed how the
grip/slip angle curve changes with temperature, you can feel the tires
"sharpen" after warming up, so I ended up tip-toeing around the track
after I initially thought I had to be a brute to get these cars
moving... Amazing.

And driving the Essington track in one of these V8s gave me the shivers,
really, because the sense of speed is just awe-striking. I can honestly
say that it is the first time in a sim where I had to back off just to
retain my sanity for a split second, hehe.

IMO, the main problem with rFactor is the lack of good-quality realistic
(and thus familiar) tracks. The car modding system works like a charm,
obviously, because so many nice mods have been released already, and
they feel very different and requires very different driving technique
as well. And the limiting of setup options with different cars is a
great idea as well.

Now, if ISI can enable us to swap drivers, I'll go for this sim as
medium for enduro racing, for sure. Night driving is just unbelievable
in my view (or lack of the same!), the graphics are just great. I love
it each and every time the throw the switch on the track lights

I have also ended up thinking that the *concept* of this game is great,
not spending a penny on authenticity and letting the non-commercial
developers all over the world supply that side of a sim. And putting all
their effort into the engine stuff instead. The amount of work needed to
create a track is a downside to the interntet developpers, though, since
few of us have cad/cam programs available...

Next thing now is testing online play. :-)

---A---
Old January 16th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Next thing now is testing online play. :-)

Online play is one of the best things about rF

The main thing I'd like to see is good, GP4-quality wet weather.

Old January 16th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

http://www.blimeygames.com/gtr2_screens.php

Have a look at these shots Steve. I don't think you will be sorry.

Chad

Old January 17th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> Have a look at these shots Steve. I don't think you will be sorry.

Woah! That's killer....Something to look forward to for sure. =)

Old January 17th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>> Have a look at these shots Steve. I don't think you will be sorry.
>
> Woah! That's killer....Something to look forward to for sure. =)

Hmm, the screenshots have now been taken offline. Yet more sim politics no
doubt... :-(

Old January 19th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I hve been on vacation for a month is has the OZ Supercars mod been released
for rFactor?

Thanks

Brad

Old January 19th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>I hve been on vacation for a month is has the OZ Supercars mod been
>released for rFactor?

Nah, it's still a way off yet. They're taking their time and doing a
top-notch job judging by the work-in-progress stuff.