Cant wait to see faces of SUV drivers...

Old March 20th 05, 06:30 PM
Sigmund Freud

Kerouac wrote:
> "Sigmund Freud" > wrote in message
>
>>Classic symptoms of inferiority complex.;-)

> If you have a clue about Freud, you would know that he would align the
> inferiority complex with the guy driving the big SUV. As in compensating for
> other...aah....shortcomings.

You seem to know a lot about shortcomings and inferiority complexes. Why
is that? Heh, heh, heh!
Old March 20th 05, 06:38 PM
Kerouac

"Sigmund Freud" > wrote in message
> Kerouac wrote:
>> "Sigmund Freud" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Classic symptoms of inferiority complex.;-)

>> If you have a clue about Freud, you would know that he would align the
>> inferiority complex with the guy driving the big SUV. As in compensating
>> for other...aah....shortcomings.

> You seem to know a lot about shortcomings and inferiority complexes. Why
> is that? Heh, heh, heh!

It's called "college"......

Old March 20th 05, 06:39 PM

I doubt that folks that can afford high end SUVs are concerned
about the price of fuel they need to run them.
Those less fortunate may just have to pay more to use the vehicle
they need for their use. My one daughter who has four children
put it very well when she said I either
take the V8 Tahoe where we all need to go or I have to take the
Focus AND the Audi. The two 4cy cars together will use more
gas

mike hunt

Old March 20th 05, 06:46 PM
Kerouac

"Sigmund Freud" > spewed in message
news
> Essb wrote:
>>
>> Yeh...right... thats why you drive them at 80 miles an hour 3 inches
>> off
>> of someones bumber like a bunch of crazy maniacs, why feeling safe in a
>> 5000 lb cage, yet endangering other people lives.
>>

> There's that festering inferiority complex again. ;-)

Yes, a fear for one's life because of other peoples irresponsible driving
habits is a clear link to an "inferiority complex". Do you even read your
posts before you hit the "send" button??

Old March 20th 05, 06:54 PM

Me thinks it is more like envy. Same reason the, biggest,
fanciest or spottiest car is the one that get keyed and not the
ten year old Ford parked next to it

mike hunt

Old March 20th 05, 07:18 PM
Kerouac

> wrote in message
> Me thinks it is more like envy. Same reason the, biggest,
> fanciest or spottiest car is the one that get keyed and not the
> ten year old Ford parked next to it

You hit on an interesting point. How much of the reason for a vehicles
purchase is attributed to necessity vs. the reason for status, ("keeping up
with the Jones'", impressing one's peers, etc). Regardless of the "size" of
the vehicle, I think a lot of people like to blur the line between
"necessity" and "luxury."

Old March 20th 05, 08:53 PM
Sigmund Freud

Kerouac wrote:

> It's called "college"......

Not bright enough for University? Heh! Heh! Heh!
Old March 20th 05, 08:57 PM
Sigmund Freud

Kerouac wrote:

> Yes, a fear for one's life because of other peoples irresponsible driving
> habits is a clear link to an "inferiority complex". Do you even read your
> posts before you hit the "send" button??

Better get that paranoia checked out. Is it a constant fear? Or does it
come and go? Did you read your post before you hit the "send" button?
You really are coming across as a paranoid schizophnic.
Old March 20th 05, 09:28 PM
Snow

> 1) Extremely few of the people who drive large SUV's actually NEED the
> power, and the statistics that support the safety issue completely offset
> the "roll-over" issue with SUV's that kill and injure arguably as many
> people.

Correct, I have my Jeep for daily driving, my wagon for daily driving then I
have my GMC truck for hauling and an even bigger wagon for hauling stuff in
bad weather.

> 2) You HAVE to be joking about the Suburban being low maintenance!!? Look
> at a "Consumer Reports Buyers Guide". There are more black marks in every
> catagory than almost every other vehicle in the guide.

You can't always go by those stats. C/R claims my 93 JeeP is a bad vehicle
for maintenance.. have to admit its the best I have had 373,000 km's nothing
major.

> 3) Where are you getting the info on a Suburban lasting "2-3 times longer
> than a subcompact"? Considering what crap the Suburban is, and how many
> different makers of subcompacts there are, this is obviously a statement
> mede out of bias for your Suburban.

Depends on the years he is comparing. if the comparason is of the same year
(or years if no changes took place) then his statement could be valid, also
he may also be talking about his experiance based on his ownership of them.

> 6) You're actually going to compare the longevity of a a Suburban to a
> Honda!!? Pleeeaasse!!! Again, this argument is too f%$^ing stupid to
> address.

I'll compare the longevity of my Jeep, my truck and my one wagon to any
Toyota or Honda. they range in age from 1993,1992 and 1989 (respectfully to
the above order). Two of them are still mint. show me an import in the
salt belts of Canada that survive 10 years let alone almost 20.

Snow...

Old March 20th 05, 11:04 PM
Kerouac

"Sigmund Freud" > wrote in message
> Kerouac wrote:
>

>> It's called "college"......

> Not bright enough for University? Heh! Heh! Heh!

A University IS a college, genius.

I find it comical that someone who actually has to type the words "Heh! Heh!
Heh!" (after everything he THINKS is clever) is questioning anyone's
intelligence.

Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 01:37 AM
cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
Wed Night N2003 league looking for drivers [email protected] Simulators 0 November 30th 04 02:46 AM
Truck Drivers Needed Trucking Recruiter 4x4 0 April 14th 04 01:33 PM