USPits gone forever...

Old January 3rd 05, 05:12 AM
ymenard

>"Darus" > wrote

<snip>

Yikes Jan. Well, websites can't last forever, it's a shame that all the
script kiddies and other lamers of the net have pushed you that far. Just
shutting down the Forums would have been enough, no?

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old January 3rd 05, 08:44 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:16:43 GMT, "rms" >
wrote something like:

>>With RSC in limbo the
>> race sim community looks to be flying apart at the seams,

> Well, the error msg implies they will be up as soon as they can. Did
>they suffer a catastrophic data loss or what?

They certainly suffered a catastrophic something... the message has
been the same for weeks.
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old January 3rd 05, 09:52 AM
Scott Rixon

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 13:00:33 -0800, Darus wrote:

<snip>

I can't belive it! I have been using the Pits since my first 2.4 modem on
my first PC!

You will be missed, Do a search on google for anything race sim and all
the links are through the pits.

Thankyou for your sevice..

Scott
Green Flag Racing
www.green-flag.com

Old January 3rd 05, 10:31 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 09:52:14 GMT, Scott Rixon wrote:

> Thankyou for your sevice..

Same here, the pits were a great site. What strikes me as odd though
is that seemingly they did not look into some new volunteers willing
to take over and maintain the site, and just pulled the plug like that
instead.

Burn-out is a common syndrome in webmasters esp. after over nine
years, but why not allow some highly motivated newcomers a head start
by passing on what you've created, if you don't care about it enough
anymore? Just a thought.

All the best,

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old January 3rd 05, 11:10 AM
CookieMontster

Of course Don, it had nothing to do with you and Huggins being a couple of
hacks and cheats that your sham didn't last..lol

m...

Old January 3rd 05, 11:43 AM
Woodie83

buster wrote:
> The real baby is Jan what a pussy who is scared to face the realities of
> life

All at once I understand why the Pits shut down.

Don McCorkle
Old January 3rd 05, 02:30 PM
ZZ

Woodie83 wrote:
> buster wrote:
>
>> The real baby is Jan what a pussy who is scared to face the realities
>> of life

> All at once I understand why the Pits shut down.
>

> Don McCorkle

Bingo! That one little post by buster explains it all.

--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA TransAm
GT Rank +57.022
GT Rank Monster 1469.472
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
Old January 3rd 05, 02:48 PM
Goy Larsen

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 09:52:14 GMT, Scott Rixon wrote:
> >
> > Thankyou for your sevice..
> >

> Same here, the pits were a great site. What strikes me as odd though
> is that seemingly they did not look into some new volunteers willing
> to take over and maintain the site, and just pulled the plug like that
> instead.
>
> Burn-out is a common syndrome in webmasters esp. after over nine
> years, but why not allow some highly motivated newcomers a head start
> by passing on what you've created, if you don't care about it enough
> anymore? Just a thought.

Just a quick note.....we do care about the people who have used us as a
resource over the years, Jan did a complete backup of the site before it
was deleted, including the archive site, nothing has been lost
permanently so there's no need to rush out and grab whatever you can
from various other sites, same goes for the info that was in the editing
sections of our forums

All of this will most likely be made available through various other
sites once the dust has settled, AFAIK several people have already
stepped forward, the editing forums will most likely be brought back in
read only mode once we've cleaned them up a little

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy
"goyl at nettx dot no"

"The Pits" http://www.theuspits.com/

"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
--Groucho Marx--
Old January 3rd 05, 02:53 PM
NC_Creeper

Goy Larsen wrote:

> Just a quick note

Thanks so much USPITS & crew for providing such a great site and
resource for NR2003 especially. I don't blame you for pulling out
after what I've read. Its a shame. Anyway, if anyone has a good link
to the aerowar88 mod I'd appreciate it if you post it here. I did a
complete reinstall and can't find my backup disks.

NC_Creeper

Old January 3rd 05, 03:01 PM
J.D. Ellis

NC_Creeper wrote:
> Anyway, if anyone has a good link
> to the aerowar88 mod I'd appreciate it if you post it here. I did a
> complete reinstall and can't find my backup disks.

As Goy alluded to, they will be uploading their mods (A88, TPTCC,
Ferarri 330, etc.) again in the near future along other select files.

-jde