Teen driver who killed herself and 4 others was ILLEGALLY DRIVING

Old June 30th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
bob zee

Default Teen driver who killed herself and 4 others was ILLEGALLY DRIVING

On Jun 30, 9:10 am, "¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote:

> What makes you think that Death is a Penalty ?

what makes me think... well, i think because i can't stop myself from
thinking. i asked the question about the death penalty to see how
S&DDAM felt about capital punishment. criminal coddler *not* and
all...

now, back to the question that was probably just worded incorrectly -
what makes me think that death is a penalty(?). i believe death is a
penalty for some that enjoy life. i, myself, am not sure if it would
be a penalty /for me/ or not. i know there isn't a god or gods.
there is no afterlife. if i like living, death is, indeed, a
penalty. i am sure there are others that want to be alive (of course,
how else could most religions have been invented?!?!?), so death would
be a penaly for them. hmm, brings me to the thought that if someone
took a life, they probably don't believe in any of the gods so they
are pretty sure they aren't going to heaven or hell anyway, so death
is not much of a penalty. they are going to die anyway, so they might
as well make the most of their time here.

bob z.

Old July 1st 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Bo Raxo[_2_]

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message ink.net...
> Karen wrote:
>> On Jun 29, 8:00 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
>> > wrote:
>>> I predicted yesterday that the driver was breaking some law. I bet she
>>> was drunk too.

>> Kids get their license too young. Oftentimes, the rule not carry other
>> passengers is ignored when kids get their licenses. It's not about
>> drinking at all. It's about kids pointing a two ton missile down the
>> road at 65 miles an hour and not having life's experiences to take it
>> seriously.
>>
>> When other kids are in the car, they're apt to take chances, show off,
>> be daring.
>>
>> The rule not to carry passengers for teenagers who are newly licensed
>> is a good one. I don't know why good parents don't make their kids
>> follow this rule. I sure did. But, my sister doesn't with her 16 year
>> old. She almost makes me feel silly when I remind of this rule. Makes
>> me furious when the kids go out on dates and ride around after school
>> in these cars.
>>
>> I'm certainly in the minority when it comes to not letting new teenage
>> drivers carry passengers. I'm the stick in the mud. This horrible
>> accident should be on every parent's list of reasons what to tell
>> their kid when they ask to borrow the car and drive with someone
>> somewhere just this once.
>>
>> Karen
>>

> The driving age should be higher, 18 maybe 21. Or maybe insist on a HS
> diploma for any applicant under 20. If kids are still in school and living
> at home, they don't need a car.

Yeah, it's not like kids need to start saving to put themselves through
college. Or would want to buy clothes or food or other "luxuries". Or
live in places without decent public transit opportunities. Or ever move
out of their parents home before 18, or 21. Or get thrown out by their
parents. Sheeeeesh.

Old July 1st 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
¥ UltraMan ¥

bob zee wrote:
> On Jun 30, 9:10 am, "¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote:
>

>> What makes you think that Death is a Penalty ?

> what makes me think... well, i think because i can't stop myself from
> thinking. i asked the question about the death penalty to see how
> S&DDAM felt about capital punishment. criminal coddler *not* and
> all...
>
> now, back to the question that was probably just worded incorrectly -
> what makes me think that death is a penalty(?). i believe death is a
> penalty for some that enjoy life.

<break>

And how enjoyable is life for someone who is locked in a 10x8 steel
cage for the rest of their natural life?

Old July 1st 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
bob zee

On Jun 30, 8:17 pm, "¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote:

> > now, back to the question that was probably just worded incorrectly -
> > what makes me think that death is a penalty(?). i believe death is a
> > penalty for some that enjoy life.

> <break>
>
> And how enjoyable is life for someone who is locked in a 10x8 steel
> cage for the rest of their natural life?

i am assuming it isn't very enjoyable at all.

bob z.

Old July 1st 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Bo Raxo[_2_]

"¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote in message
> bob zee wrote:
>> On Jun 30, 9:10 am, "¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote:
>>

>>> What makes you think that Death is a Penalty ?

>> what makes me think... well, i think because i can't stop myself from
>> thinking. i asked the question about the death penalty to see how
>> S&DDAM felt about capital punishment. criminal coddler *not* and
>> all...
>>
>> now, back to the question that was probably just worded incorrectly -
>> what makes me think that death is a penalty(?). i believe death is a
>> penalty for some that enjoy life.

> <break>
>
> And how enjoyable is life for someone who is locked in a 10x8 steel
> cage for the rest of their natural life?

And if you gave the convicted the choice between being locked in the cage
(often *smaller* than 10x8, BTW) or being executed, what do you think the
vast majority would choose?

Which, ipso facto, proves that death is a punishment. This is *not* an
endorsement of the death penalty, just an answer to your question as to what
makes me think that Death is a penalty: most people think it is a penalty,
even if you don't.

Bo Raxo

Old July 1st 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
BREAKING NEWS

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message nk.net...
>I predicted yesterday that the driver was breaking some law. I bet she was
>drunk too.

> Teen Driver in Fatal Crash Had Junior License
>
> Friday, June 29, 2007
>
> ROCHESTER, N.Y. — State records show the driver in the crash that killed
> her and four teenage friends in western New York had only a junior
> driver's license, which made it illegal for her to be driving at that hour
> or carrying so many young passengers in her vehicle.

This is devastating. Everyone is trying to make sense of the tragedy.

Old July 2nd 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
¥ UltraMan ¥

Bo Raxo wrote:
> "¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote in message
>> bob zee wrote:

>>> what makes me think... well, i think because i can't stop myself
>>> from thinking. i asked the question about the death penalty to see
>>> how S&DDAM felt about capital punishment. criminal coddler *not*
>>> and all...
>>>
>>> now, back to the question that was probably just worded incorrectly
>>> - what makes me think that death is a penalty(?). i believe death
>>> is a penalty for some that enjoy life.

>> <break>
>>
>> And how enjoyable is life for someone who is locked in a 10x8 steel
>> cage for the rest of their natural life?
>>

> And if you gave the convicted the choice between being locked in the
> cage (often *smaller* than 10x8, BTW) or being executed, what do you
> think the vast majority would choose?

Has anyone ever surveyed the Life without Parole populace that
also is in 23 hr lockdown in Ad Seg ?

Some have opted for, or requested, death.

> Which, ipso facto, proves that death is a punishment.

So is Broccoli a punishment ?

> This is *not* an endorsement of the death penalty, just an answer to
> your question
> as to what makes me think that Death is a penalty: most people think
> it is a penalty, even if you don't.

So what with "euthanasia" both for humans and as historically practiced
for animals? If death put them "out of their misery" then death must be,
ipso facto, a reward.

Old July 2nd 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
¥ UltraMan ¥

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> Karen wrote:
>> On Jun 29, 8:00 am, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
>> > wrote:
>>> I predicted yesterday that the driver was breaking some law. I bet
>>> she was drunk too.

>> Kids get their license too young. Oftentimes, the rule not carry
>> other passengers is ignored when kids get their licenses. It's not
>> about drinking at all. It's about kids pointing a two ton missile
>> down the road at 65 miles an hour and not having life's experiences
>> to take it seriously.
>>
>> When other kids are in the car, they're apt to take chances, show
>> off, be daring.
>>
>> The rule not to carry passengers for teenagers who are newly licensed
>> is a good one. I don't know why good parents don't make their kids
>> follow this rule. I sure did. But, my sister doesn't with her 16 year
>> old. She almost makes me feel silly when I remind of this rule. Makes
>> me furious when the kids go out on dates and ride around after school
>> in these cars.
>>
>> I'm certainly in the minority when it comes to not letting new
>> teenage drivers carry passengers. I'm the stick in the mud. This
>> horrible accident should be on every parent's list of reasons what
>> to tell their kid when they ask to borrow the car and drive with
>> someone somewhere just this once.
>>
>> Karen
>>

> The driving age should be higher, 18 maybe 21. Or maybe insist on a
> HS diploma for any applicant under 20. If kids are still in school and
> living at home, they don't need a car.

You don't need a car either, jackass.

Old July 2nd 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Garth Almgren

Around 6/29/2007 8:00 AM, Aunt Judy (AKA Pride of Diarrhea, AKA
"Saddam") <http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> I predicted yesterday that the driver was breaking some law.

Liar. You posted two items 6/28, and neither contained any prediction.

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity