Virginia now gives out $3500 fines for speeding!!! - YAAAYYYY

Old June 25th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Virginia now gives out $3500 fines for speeding!!! - YAAAYYYY

Good. No criminal coddling here. Speeders are kid-killers and
kid-cripplers and deserve this and more.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp

Virginia Introduces $3550 Speeding Ticket

Virginia motorists convicted of minor traffic violations will face a
new, multi-year tax beginning July 1. Led by state Delegate David B.
Albo (R-Springfield), lawmakers slipped a driver responsibility tax into
a larger transportation funding bill signed by Governor Tim Kaine (D) in
April. Albo, a senior partner in the Albo & Oblon, LLP traffic law firm,
can expect to see a significant increase in business as motorists seek
to protect their wallet from traffic tickets that come with assessments
of up to $3000 in addition to an annual point tax that tops out at $700
a year for as long as the points remain.

"The purpose of the civil remedial fees imposed in this section is to
generate revenue," the new law states. (Virginia Code 46.2-206.1)

Driving as little as 15 MPH over the limit on an interstate highway now
brings six license demerit points, a fine of up to $2500, up to one year
in jail, and a new mandatory $1050 tax. The law also imposes an
additional annual fee of up to $100 if a prior conviction leaves the
motorist with a balance of eight demerit points, plus $75 for each
additional point (up to $700 a year). The conviction in this example
remains on the record for five years.

Other six-point convictions include "failing to give a proper signal,"
"passing a school bus" or "driving with an obstructed view." The same
$1050 assessment applies, but the conviction remains on the record for
eleven years.

Although the amount of the tax can add up quickly, the law forbids
judges from reducing or suspending it in any way. The tax applies only
to Virginia residents, so that out-of-state motorists only need to pay
the regular ticket amount. Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Texas also
impose a somewhat more modest driver responsibility tax which they apply
to out-of-state residents.

Old June 25th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
N8N

On Jun 25, 5:07 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> Good. No criminal coddling here. Speeders are kid-killers and
> kid-cripplers and deserve this and more.
>
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp
>
> Virginia Introduces $3550 Speeding Ticket
>
> Virginia motorists convicted of minor traffic violations will face a
> new, multi-year tax beginning July 1. Led by state Delegate David B.
> Albo (R-Springfield), lawmakers slipped a driver responsibility tax into
> a larger transportation funding bill signed by Governor Tim Kaine (D) in
> April. Albo, a senior partner in the Albo & Oblon, LLP traffic law firm,
> can expect to see a significant increase in business as motorists seek
> to protect their wallet from traffic tickets that come with assessments
> of up to $3000 in addition to an annual point tax that tops out at $700
> a year for as long as the points remain.
>
> "The purpose of the civil remedial fees imposed in this section is to
> generate revenue," the new law states. (Virginia Code 46.2-206.1)
>
> Driving as little as 15 MPH over the limit on an interstate highway now
> brings six license demerit points, a fine of up to $2500, up to one year
> in jail, and a new mandatory $1050 tax. The law also imposes an
> additional annual fee of up to $100 if a prior conviction leaves the
> motorist with a balance of eight demerit points, plus $75 for each
> additional point (up to $700 a year). The conviction in this example
> remains on the record for five years.
>
> Other six-point convictions include "failing to give a proper signal,"
> "passing a school bus" or "driving with an obstructed view." The same
> $1050 assessment applies, but the conviction remains on the record for
> eleven years.
>
> Although the amount of the tax can add up quickly, the law forbids
> judges from reducing or suspending it in any way. The tax applies only
> to Virginia residents, so that out-of-state motorists only need to pay
> the regular ticket amount. Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Texas also
> impose a somewhat more modest driver responsibility tax which they apply
> to out-of-state residents.

RTFA - it's a conflict of interest pure and simple. Albo is trying to
get more business for himself by taking advantage of VA's grossly
underposted highway speed limits.

Oh, and we already discussed this... but we know your reading
comprehension is none too good and you're not too bright to boot, so
it's understandable that you've forgotten last week already.

nate

Old June 25th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Old Wolf

SADDAM wrote:
> Other six-point convictions include "failing to give a proper signal,"
> "passing a school bus"

So nobody is allowed to complete their journey any
faster than the school bus does?

> or "driving with an obstructed view."

Seems pretty subjective. Some cars' A-pillars are more
obstructive than my windscreen attachments.

> The same $1050 assessment applies, but the conviction
> remains on the record for eleven years.

Go directly to 1984, do not pass go and do not
collect liberty.

Old June 25th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Speeders are better drivers wrote:

> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp

> Although the amount of the tax can add up quickly, the law forbids
> judges from reducing or suspending it in any way. The tax applies only
> to Virginia residents, so that out-of-state motorists only need to pay
> the regular ticket amount. Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Texas also
> impose a somewhat more modest driver responsibility tax which they apply
> to out-of-state residents.

How do those states apply a driver responsibility tax to out-of-state
residents?
Old June 25th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Arif Khokar wrote:
> Speeders are better drivers wrote:
>
>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp

>> Although the amount of the tax can add up quickly, the law forbids
>> judges from reducing or suspending it in any way. The tax applies only
>> to Virginia residents, so that out-of-state motorists only need to pay
>> the regular ticket amount. Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Texas also
>> impose a somewhat more modest driver responsibility tax which they apply
>> to out-of-state residents.

> How do those states apply a driver responsibility tax to out-of-state
> residents?

Get the state they do live in to suspend their DL?

Afterall, the defacto process is that government may put any requirement
it wants to if you wish to drive legally. pay your taxes, child support,
jump up and down while making chicken sounds, make a contribution to the
governor's election campaign, or whatever. That's what happens when
government grants privileges instead of people having rights.

Old June 25th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS:

<< ECP removed >>

> Driving as little as 15 MPH over the limit on an interstate highway now
> brings six license demerit points, a fine of up to $2500, up to one year
> in jail, and a new mandatory $1050 tax. The law also imposes an
> additional annual fee of up to $100 if a prior conviction leaves the
> motorist with a balance of eight demerit points, plus $75 for each
> additional point (up to $700 a year). The conviction in this example
> remains on the record for five years.

If they will do this to you for a minor violation on the interstate,
just imagine what they will do to to someone like yourself, little miss
41 in a 25.

Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend (a.k.a. SADDAM) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
Old June 26th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
John David Galt

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> Virginia Introduces $3550 Speeding Ticket
>
> Virginia motorists convicted of minor traffic violations will face a
> new, multi-year tax beginning July 1. Led by state Delegate David B.
> Albo (R-Springfield), lawmakers slipped a driver responsibility tax into
> a larger transportation funding bill signed by Governor Tim Kaine (D) in
> April. Albo, a senior partner in the Albo & Oblon, LLP traffic law firm,
> can expect to see a significant increase in business as motorists seek
> to protect their wallet from traffic tickets that come with assessments
> of up to $3000 in addition to an annual point tax that tops out at $700
> a year for as long as the points remain.

I'll leave it up to the lawyers to decide if this is an "excessive" fine
as that term is used in the bill of rights, as well as "cruel and unusual"
but I'm sure both arguments will be tried in court - and both have merit,
IMO.

But certainly any attempt to apply this "tax" to tickets issued before it
was signed into law would be an "ex post facto law" and null and void.

There ought to be a mechanism for kicking out of office, and putting in
jail, any lawmaker who violates his oath of office so blatantly.
Old June 26th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
John David Galt > wrote:

>But certainly any attempt to apply this "tax" to tickets issued before it
>was signed into law would be an "ex post facto law" and null and void.

Nope. Civil penalties aren't subject to the "ex post facto"
provision. Not even if the civil penalty is indefinite imprisonment!

result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old June 26th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
komobu

On Jun 25, 4:07 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> Good. No criminal coddling here. Speeders are kid-killers and
> kid-cripplers and deserve this and more.

Not sure why, but you often come across as a complete idiot. I have
been lurking here for a while and more often than not, your posts do
not pass the common sense test.

You think it is fair that if someone drives 15 miles over the speed
limit on an interstate, that they receive a fine up to 2500, a year in
jail, and a 1000 dollar tax? This seems totally ludicrous to me. You
sure are placing a great deal of trust in the Police Officers and
their equipment. Even the Gov of NewJersey was doing 92 in his STATE
VEHICLE!!!

To me it is all a scam to raise more money for local communities. The
hardest hit will be the working poor. If they cant afford their
driving privileges, then what? More unemployment/wellfare?

I could see this if you were going 15 over in a residential or school
zone. But on an interstate I find this ridiculous. Especially since
85% of all drivers already go 10 over the posted limit.

Old June 26th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Old Wolf

On Jun 26, 11:55 am, komobu > wrote:
> I could see this if you were going 15 over in a residential or school
> zone. But on an interstate I find this ridiculous. Especially since
> 85% of all drivers already go 10 over the posted limit.

OP once got a ticket for going 16 over in a school zone.
Wish this law were in place then.

gmc 3500 CHESTER OLSON 4x4 4 September 29th 06 04:50 AM
$3500 engine in '95 SW2, worth it? [email protected] Saturn 14 March 1st 06 09:13 PM
Spedding fines: 5 mph increments regardless of speed limit 223rem Driving 19 October 26th 05 05:02 AM
SR 3, Virginia, Again Dave Head Driving 1 October 8th 05 01:16 AM
OT New Law in Virginia Bill Berckman VW air cooled 4 February 10th 05 10:21 PM