Consumer Reports

Old June 8th 07, 08:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
not rich

Default Consumer Reports

I think I was reading April 2007 issue waiting for a hair cut and saw
the rating for the Corvette. I am going by memory right now but it
said the fit and finish was not up to the price and reliability below
normal and the seats somewhat lacking support tho it was still
comfortable and amble room. I also recall it said the Z06 was the
best bang for the buck.

Of course from past reading here and elsewhere I wouldn't put all my
trust in Consumer Reports.... okay as a starting point I guess.
Old June 8th 07, 08:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

<not rich> wrote in message
>I think I was reading April 2007 issue waiting for a hair cut and saw
> the rating for the Corvette. I am going by memory right now but it
> said the fit and finish was not up to the price and reliability
> below
> normal and the seats somewhat lacking support tho it was still
> comfortable and amble room. I also recall it said the Z06 was the
> best bang for the buck.
>
> Of course from past reading here and elsewhere I wouldn't put all my
> trust in Consumer Reports.... okay as a starting point I guess.

I guess if they tested the amble room and said it was OK then it must
be. After 50 years of driving GM cars I have to admit that I did get a
dud 1963 but then I drove what I wanted, not what someone else thought
I should be driving for what ever reason. So I've owned and driven all
six generations and had fun for all those years with what they don't
think is reliable and with poor fit and finish. I can handle that.
NLBTSOTRBO

How big was the person that tested the seat, 300 pounds or 90 pounds,
would that make any difference?

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old June 9th 07, 03:08 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
not rich

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 15:38:41 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:

><not rich> wrote in message
.. .
>>I think I was reading April 2007 issue waiting for a hair cut and saw
>> the rating for the Corvette. I am going by memory right now but it
>> said the fit and finish was not up to the price and reliability
>> below
>> normal and the seats somewhat lacking support tho it was still
>> comfortable and amble room. I also recall it said the Z06 was the
>> best bang for the buck.
>>
>> Of course from past reading here and elsewhere I wouldn't put all my
>> trust in Consumer Reports.... okay as a starting point I guess.

>I guess if they tested the amble room and said it was OK then it must
>be. After 50 years of driving GM cars I have to admit that I did get a
>dud 1963 but then I drove what I wanted, not what someone else thought
>I should be driving for what ever reason. So I've owned and driven all
>six generations and had fun for all those years with what they don't
>think is reliable and with poor fit and finish. I can handle that.
>NLBTSOTRBO
>
>How big was the person that tested the seat, 300 pounds or 90 pounds,
>would that make any difference?

I was wondering the same thing as well as how tall. I don't always
agree with CR neither. In the past I used them primarily for
reliability of used cars as a go by when I was buying a new car
similar to its previous years. Now with the internet, it's easier to
assess a car (I think).

Consumer Reports db Corvette 10 March 5th 07 09:04 PM
Best SUVs - Consumer Reports Joe[_14_] Technology 12 November 29th 06 10:03 PM
Consumer Reports NJ Vike Audi 12 May 22nd 06 12:04 AM
What's So Bad About Consumer Reports? RobertG1 General 2 March 8th 04 06:31 AM