Texas License Plates Become Optional

Old January 18th 12, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bob Crachet

Default Texas License Plates Become Optional

Hmmmm

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/36/3656.asp
Old January 18th 12, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:28:01 -0500, Bob Crachet wrote:

> Hmmmm
>

> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/36/3656.asp

Interesting. So you're driving through another state and each cop you pass
stops you. You have to contionously explain the state does not require
plates. Wonder how the RLC people are gonna like it.

Soooo, everyone in the country removes their plates and claims they live in
texas.
Old January 18th 12, 06:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

richard wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:28:01 -0500, Bob Crachet wrote:
>
>> Hmmmm
>>

>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/36/3656.asp

> Interesting. So you're driving through another state and each cop you pass
> stops you. You have to contionously explain the state does not require
> plates. Wonder how the RLC people are gonna like it.
>

> Soooo, everyone in the country removes their plates and claims they live
> in texas.

Claims? Just go ahead and register your vehicle there*.

*Allowed for corporations, perhaps not for individuals. One of the
contractors for our local utility has all of their vehicles registered in a
Florida. For tax purposes? Most of these vehicles will never see a foot of
road outside of Washington State.

--
Paul Hovnanian
This is the government our founding fathers warned us about.

Old January 19th 12, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:28:25 -0800, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

> richard wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:28:01 -0500, Bob Crachet wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmmm
>>>

>>> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/36/3656.asp

>> Interesting. So you're driving through another state and each cop you pass
>> stops you. You have to contionously explain the state does not require
>> plates. Wonder how the RLC people are gonna like it.
>>

>> Soooo, everyone in the country removes their plates and claims they live
>> in texas.

> Claims? Just go ahead and register your vehicle there*.
>
> *Allowed for corporations, perhaps not for individuals. One of the
> contractors for our local utility has all of their vehicles registered in a
> Florida. For tax purposes? Most of these vehicles will never see a foot of
> road outside of Washington State.

If the company has an office in florida they can legally use that as their
registration address.
The trucking company C R England has their plates issued out of Indianna
even though their corporate offices are in Utah.
Taxes? No. For the license plate. In. now allows trucking companies to put
their logo on the plates.
Old January 19th 12, 11:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
ChrisCoaster

On Jan 17, 9:35*pm, richard > wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:28:01 -0500, Bob Crachet wrote:
> > Hmmmm

> texas.

___
.. . should SECEDE.

End of problem!

-CC
Old January 20th 12, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:31:05 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:35:15 -0500, richard >
> wrote:
>
>>Soooo, everyone in the country removes their plates and claims they live in
>>texas.

> Until they're asked to provide proof of registration.
>
> Or, the officer runs the vehicle's VIN #.
>
> Fail.

Proof of registration with no plate. Dumbass, that comes with the plate.
Old January 20th 12, 06:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
John David Galt

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
> Claims? Just go ahead and register your vehicle there*.
>
> *Allowed for corporations, perhaps not for individuals. One of the
> contractors for our local utility has all of their vehicles registered in a
> Florida. For tax purposes? Most of these vehicles will never see a foot of
> road outside of Washington State.

This would be fraud. Commercial vehicles with "Apportioned" plates and IFTA
stickers have an exception, since they have their own system to see that each
state they've driven in gets its share of the tax.
Old January 20th 12, 07:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:20:34 -0800, John David Galt wrote:

> Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
>> Claims? Just go ahead and register your vehicle there*.
>>
>> *Allowed for corporations, perhaps not for individuals. One of the
>> contractors for our local utility has all of their vehicles registered in a
>> Florida. For tax purposes? Most of these vehicles will never see a foot of
>> road outside of Washington State.

> This would be fraud. Commercial vehicles with "Apportioned" plates and IFTA
> stickers have an exception, since they have their own system to see that each
> state they've driven in gets its share of the tax.

Hardly. There are different types of commercial vehicles.
Let's say a business has a fleet of fifty ford f-150 pickup trucks.
In many states, this would not qualify for an "apportioned" plate.
the vehicle does not meet DOT requirements for IFTA.
The vehicles would be issued a commercial license for that class of vehicle
within that state.
Even a motorcycle could be a commercial vehicle.
Old January 20th 12, 08:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Bob Crachet" > wrote in message
> Hmmmm
>

> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/36/3656.asp

Cite from another source besides "The Newspaper" which is more of a blog
rather than a syndicated news source?

Old January 21st 12, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

John David Galt wrote:

> Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
>> Claims? Just go ahead and register your vehicle there*.
>>
>> *Allowed for corporations, perhaps not for individuals. One of the
>> contractors for our local utility has all of their vehicles registered in
>> a Florida. For tax purposes? Most of these vehicles will never see a foot
>> of road outside of Washington State.

> This would be fraud. Commercial vehicles with "Apportioned" plates and
> IFTA stickers have an exception, since they have their own system to see
> that each state they've driven in gets its share of the tax.

What with Washington State hungry for revenue, you'd think they'd chase
these companies down. But they don't.

--
Paul Hovnanian
It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail. -- Gore Vidal

New plates by mail in Texas? Michael Cecil VW air cooled 10 September 12th 09 09:25 PM
Front License plates Ashton Crusher Driving 5 January 29th 07 12:07 AM
How to get a Texas drivers license Furious George Driving 0 September 25th 05 12:36 AM
front license plates Tim923 Driving 22 June 9th 05 04:22 PM
License plates for Yellow '05 GT JohnH Ford Mustang 29 January 21st 05 07:03 PM