Ford Explorer 1994(Manual) Gear Problem

Old October 23rd 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Ford Explorer 1994(Manual) Gear Problem

I have problem with my Ford Explorer 1994(Manual)4x4.1,40,000 miles.
When i change the gear i can't seem to find it.I will go for 1st and it
will slip in either third or 5th.Or won't find the gear at all.I need
some advice before I get ripped off by a mechanic for whatever he tells
me is wrong with it.
thanks