2001 Ford Explorer Sport ABS

Old January 27th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 2001 Ford Explorer Sport ABS

While coming to a stop the brakes seem fine until the vehicle is almost at
a complete stop (approx 5 mph) then the pedal seems to drop slightly and
the ABS seems to activate. The vehicle stops but the brakes pulsate for a
second or two every time. This problem is not sporadic, but only happens a
very slow speeds. Any ideas???? Tom

Old January 27th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Check out SeriousExplorations.com. I'm sure I've seen this problem
covered there as well just about anything else that can happen to an
Explorer

Old January 28th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Sounds like an incoherent signal from one wheel sensor.... dirty, loose or
misalgined sensor is one set of possible causes, a cracked tone ring (any
recent work?). Easiest way to do it is to drive it while monitoring the
appropriate PIDs...

lkaboutautos.com...