Unsafe tires.

Old October 27th 15, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default Unsafe tires.

Google,,, Millions driving on unsafe tires. ...Tires that look new, but are actually old. It was on TV news a few minutes ago.
Old October 28th 15, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Tires have date codes on them, yet totally
indecipherable to the average customer in
a tire store.

And even recalling and replacing all those
tires is a drop in the bucket nationally: Most
vehicles on the road have either too much or
too little air in the tires, some vehicles have
both!
Old October 30th 15, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:52:52 -0700 (PDT), JR >
wrote:

>Google,,, Millions driving on unsafe tires. ...Tires that look new, but are actually old. It was on TV news a few minutes ago.

Yeah, it's almost entirely Bullcrap. The tires are failing from
underinflation, not "age". The tire industry keeps promoting this lie
to sell more tires.
Old October 31st 15, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2015-10-30, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:52:52 -0700 (PDT), JR >
> wrote:
>
>>Google,,, Millions driving on unsafe tires. ...Tires that look new, but are actually old. It was on TV news a few minutes ago.

> Yeah, it's almost entirely Bullcrap. The tires are failing from
> underinflation, not "age". The tire industry keeps promoting this lie
> to sell more tires.

dry rot can cause a tire failure, I experienced it first hand when I
was teen. Before it was a thing to be paranoid about everything. A tire
went flat. It was dry rotted and just gave up. Not dramatically, I just
heard the air hissing out at a stop light. Then I found the spare had
tread separated in the trunk from dry rot, but still holding air. It
thumped but allowed the car to hobble to a parking lot. So basically
it's just annoying. Especially in a country that doesn't allow for
civilized speeds over 99+% of it. At high speed it might be an issue.

Would I be happy about being sold a set of NOS tires when I thought they
were new? Yes. Because if it's a car I'm not driving a lot I lose life
on the tires.
Old November 1st 15, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Brent: NOS?
Old November 1st 15, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_2_]

On 10/31/2015 6:05 PM, wrote:
> Brent: NOS?

NOS = New Old Stock, or new inventory that had sat around
but had never been sold.
Old November 1st 15, 12:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"On 10/31/2015 6:05 PM, wrote:
> Brent: NOS?

NOS = New Old Stock, or new inventory that had sat around
but had never been sold. "

THANK YOU!
Old November 1st 15, 12:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

New Old Stocks(no I will not abbreviate that!) should
be against the law, given what I've read on here.
Old November 1st 15, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 22:19:17 -0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>On 2015-10-30, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:52:52 -0700 (PDT), JR >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Google,,, Millions driving on unsafe tires. ...Tires that look new, but are actually old. It was on TV news a few minutes ago.

>> Yeah, it's almost entirely Bullcrap. The tires are failing from
>> underinflation, not "age". The tire industry keeps promoting this lie
>> to sell more tires.

>dry rot can cause a tire failure, I experienced it first hand when I
>was teen. Before it was a thing to be paranoid about everything. A tire
>went flat. It was dry rotted and just gave up. Not dramatically, I just
>heard the air hissing out at a stop light. Then I found the spare had
>tread separated in the trunk from dry rot, but still holding air. It
>thumped but allowed the car to hobble to a parking lot. So basically
>it's just annoying. Especially in a country that doesn't allow for
>civilized speeds over 99+% of it. At high speed it might be an issue.
>
>Would I be happy about being sold a set of NOS tires when I thought they
>were new? Yes. Because if it's a car I'm not driving a lot I lose life
>on the tires.

Nothing is 100%. I had a set of Pirellis and two of the 4 failed on
the freeway, at about one month apart, at 22K and 3 years of age. I
didn't wait for the other two to fail.... They always had proper tire
pressure. I've got 14 year old, 65K tires on another vehicle and so
far they have not failed.

Mexico selling unsafe cars. JR[_8_] Technology 53 December 6th 13 07:15 PM
Old tires unsafe? Martik[_1_] Technology 7 February 3rd 07 06:32 PM
Honda Element right door lock: unsafe? AES Honda 3 May 26th 05 03:59 PM
Old VW's Unsafe? ilambert VW air cooled 16 October 19th 04 03:39 AM