Father who let unlicensed daughter drive gets 7+ years in prisonafter fatal crash

Old August 22nd 15, 03:17 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Default Father who let unlicensed daughter drive gets 7+ years in prisonafter fatal crash

On 08/21/2015 12:29 PM, wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...cks_teens.html

I doubt the outcome of this would have changed had she been a licensed
16 year old driver as opposed to an unlicensed 15 year old driver. The
article makes the false assumption that there is any degree of serious
driver training required to obtain a drivers license in NY state (let
alone anywhere else in the USA).

Old August 22nd 15, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 10:17:58 -0400, Arif Khokar >
wrote:

>On 08/21/2015 12:29 PM, wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...cks_teens.html

>I doubt the outcome of this would have changed had she been a licensed
>16 year old driver as opposed to an unlicensed 15 year old driver. The
>article makes the false assumption that there is any degree of serious
>driver training required to obtain a drivers license in NY state (let
>alone anywhere else in the USA).

It's a tragic chain of events but he was railroaded unless he had
reason to believe his daughter was a bad driver.
Old August 23rd 15, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2015-08-22, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> On 08/21/2015 12:29 PM, wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...cks_teens.html

> I doubt the outcome of this would have changed had she been a licensed
> 16 year old driver as opposed to an unlicensed 15 year old driver. The
> article makes the false assumption that there is any degree of serious
> driver training required to obtain a drivers license in NY state (let
> alone anywhere else in the USA).

Over the years those who run government have sufficently convinced
much/most of the population that their blessing means something. With
how many things parents can be thrown in prison for allowing their
children to do we probably aren't that far from the state raising all
children. For the children's safety of course.

Old September 27th 15, 07:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Chief Squatting Buffalo

"Arif Khokar" > wrote in message
> On 08/21/2015 12:29 PM, wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...cks_teens.html

> I doubt the outcome of this would have changed had she been a licensed 16
> year old driver as opposed to an unlicensed 15 year old driver. The
> article makes the false assumption that there is any degree of serious
> driver training required to obtain a drivers license in NY state (let
> alone anywhere else in the USA).

I started driving when I was 11 on single lane forest service roads with
very little traffic. By the time I got my permit when I was 14, I was a
veteran driver.

Old September 27th 15, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 01:43:30 -0500, "Chief Squatting Buffalo"
> wrote:

>"Arif Khokar" > wrote in message
>> On 08/21/2015 12:29 PM, wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...cks_teens.html

>> I doubt the outcome of this would have changed had she been a licensed 16
>> year old driver as opposed to an unlicensed 15 year old driver. The
>> article makes the false assumption that there is any degree of serious
>> driver training required to obtain a drivers license in NY state (let
>> alone anywhere else in the USA).

>I started driving when I was 11 on single lane forest service roads with
>very little traffic. By the time I got my permit when I was 14, I was a
>veteran driver.

What branch of the service?