got my Air/Fuel gauge installed

Old March 21st 05, 02:30 AM
DougW

Default got my Air/Fuel gauge installed

Now all I have to do is fish a wire out to the sensor and
hook up the gauge.

(just a directory of pictures, I'll do a writeup later)
http://www.revbeergoggles.com/o2/

It didn't go so smoothly. The gauge and tube took a while to
figure out (no hole install) But I had to take the A pillar
plastic off one more time than I should have had to. (didn't get
the wires in properly) and broke the friggin plastic/metal clip
thingy. Well, I'll have to JB weld it back later, but for
now it's fine.

Amazing what you can do with PVC pipe.

--
DougW

Old March 21st 05, 03:56 PM
Paw

hey - that looks really good, nice job.

Paul

Old March 23rd 05, 04:43 AM
DougW

Paw did pass the time by typing:
> hey - that looks really good, nice job.

Thanks.

I'm amazed the paint comes out so darn close to factory.

Undercoat: Varsity P-1147 Quick dry Black Primer (no sand)
Colorcoat: Plasti-kote Ultra Enamel (indoor/outdoor)
1103 Satin Black

Didn't use a clearcoat (although I probably could use a
matt or semi-gloss) Once this cures it is quite resistant
to abuse.

When it gets warmer I'm going to repaint all the interior
bits that have worn off from rubbing. It's either going
to be those two or that fusion paint.

--
DougW