new build, ford 302 , cam frozen

Old March 20th 18, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default new build, ford 302 , cam frozen

built 347 stroker
Installed all moving parts, rotated engine.fine
AFTER THREE REVS, CAM LOCKED DOWN

this is second time--two cams and two sets of cam bearings
had to use a slide hammer to remove both cams

anyone help?

Old March 21st 18, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:36:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> built 347 stroker
> Installed all moving parts, rotated engine.fine
> AFTER THREE REVS, CAM LOCKED DOWN
>
> this is second time--two cams and two sets of cam bearings
> had to use a slide hammer to remove both cams
>
> anyone help?

Thanks Steve, Rockers are not on yet, bearings are aligned using assembly lube. rotated easily for maybe one revolution by hand and the cam froze in the bushings--take off retaining thrust plate and cam is still frozen. second time to remove cam with sliding hammer.
Jan
Old March 23rd 18, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
wws[_3_]

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:36:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> built 347 stroker
> Installed all moving parts, rotated engine.fine
> AFTER THREE REVS, CAM LOCKED DOWN
>
> this is second time--two cams and two sets of cam bearings
> had to use a slide hammer to remove both cams
>
> anyone help?

I have had to scrape in cam bearings at least once that I know of.
Old March 23rd 18, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:36:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> built 347 stroker
> Installed all moving parts, rotated engine.fine
> AFTER THREE REVS, CAM LOCKED DOWN
>
> this is second time--two cams and two sets of cam bearings
> had to use a slide hammer to remove both cams
>
> anyone help?

thanks guys, same cam--now have a new one. block assembly is new re-manufactured .. taking to a hot rod builder for him to check into it.
Old March 23rd 18, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

> wrote:
>On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:36:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> built 347 stroker
>> Installed all moving parts, rotated engine.fine
>> AFTER THREE REVS, CAM LOCKED DOWN
>>
>> this is second time--two cams and two sets of cam bearings
>> had to use a slide hammer to remove both cams
>>
>> anyone help?

>thanks guys, same cam--now have a new one. block assembly is new re-manufactured .. taking to a hot rod builder for him to check into it.

Get the calipers first!
--scott

When Is Ford Going To Build... NoOp[_2_] Ford Mustang 8 June 2nd 11 04:29 AM
Hey Ford build this Nick Naim Driving 7 January 23rd 10 10:52 PM
Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 1923 Ford Model T Touring Car Highland Park Plant Build Process Exhibit rvl (H Ford Museum) CK 1.jpg 431783 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 6th 07 02:12 PM
Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 1923 Ford Model T Touring Car Highland Park Plant Build Process Exhibit fvr (H Ford Museum) CK 1.jpg 409327 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 6th 07 02:11 PM
Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 1923 Ford Model T Touring Car Highland Park Plant Build Process Exhibit fvl (H Ford Museum) CK 2.jpg 426456 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 6th 07 02:11 PM