the new crx

Old April 8th 12, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default the new crx

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/f...ter/index.aspx

or at least it would be if it handled. but even though it doesn't, it's
still got to be better then the crz. and once hyundai figure out the
suspension thing, game over.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old April 8th 12, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 04/08/2012 10:51 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In >, jim >
> wrote:
>
>> http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/f...ter/index.aspx
>>
>> or at least it would be if it handled. but even though it doesn't, it's
>> still got to be better then the crz. and once hyundai figure out the
>> suspension thing, game over.

> The aftermarket can, and will, solve the suspension thing for a few thou.

kinda, but that torsion bar rear thing isn't very good and can't really
be much improved. and as has been discussed here or on r.a.t before,
rear suspension is the most critical since the rear wheels take the
inside line and are thus subject to the greater lateral force.

> Game over out of the gate.
>
> 201hp...hmmmmm, where have I heard that number before...oh, yeah, Civic
> Si. Suppose that's Hyundai's direct slap in the face, as they laugh
> their way to the bank?

the civic does that with a normally aspirated 2l motor. hyundai are
using a 1.5l turbo. and turbo is just like mitsubishi, subaru, vw, etc.
much as i love the old hondas for good specific output numbers,
keeping up with the rest of the market pretty much requires a turbo
option, even if it's not on every version.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old April 9th 12, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
GrumpyOne

jim beam wrote:
> http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/f...ter/index.aspx
>
> or at least it would be if it handled. but even though it doesn't, it's
> still got to be better then the crz. and once hyundai figure out the
> suspension thing, game over.

Looks like the nose of a feeding whale shark...

JT

Old April 9th 12, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 04/08/2012 02:28 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In >, jim >
> wrote:
>
>>> The aftermarket can, and will, solve the suspension thing for a few thou.

>> kinda, but that torsion bar rear thing isn't very good and can't really
>> be much improved. and as has been discussed here or on r.a.t before,
>> rear suspension is the most critical since the rear wheels take the
>> inside line and are thus subject to the greater lateral force.

> I agree, but the market will tell all--and at the right price point, the
> market will ignore that bit and will respond.
>
> That's the big question--what's the price point.

allegedly, msrp is low $18k's around here. before all the usual [bogus
b.s.] add-ons.

> Even better, what's the price point 2 years used with 20K on the clock...

look at it from the other direction - i think you'll find a buyer for
it. the crz- the hybrid that's not a hybrid, that is artfully being
marketed into a segment that doesn't exist - the eco-conscious*
sportster prepared to pay $20k+...? not so much.

* so much for "eco" - i just looked up the consumption numbers - 35
city, 39 highway. that's a freakin' joke - my 89 can do better than
that, and it's an old-school automatic!

--
nomina rutrum rutrum

87 crx si help! dmihalko Honda 6 August 8th 06 03:17 PM
88 CRX Si Value [email protected] Honda 3 April 15th 06 01:45 PM
Value of a '89 CRX SI? RAV Honda 23 December 7th 05 07:40 AM
Selling My '87 CRX HF :( White Buffalo Honda 1 April 19th 05 11:29 PM
need obd0 help - 91 crx jim beam Honda 4 February 26th 05 03:10 AM