Consider buying American!

Old February 24th 08, 08:47 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Tony Harding

Default Consider buying American!

Jeff wrote:
> bjn wrote:
> <...>
>
>> Can't believe this discussion is still taking place in this day and
>> age of
>> global commerce.

> Take a look at the campaign for president in Ohio. For some odd reason,
> people in Ohio don't like NAFTA. They have this weird thing about
> wanting jobs.

Very much the same in MI.
Old May 11th 08, 09:02 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Just Facts

In article
wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23124844/

> GM just made it known that they lost 39 billion in 2007, the largest
> ever annual loss for a US automaker.
>
> The big three are losing money, and if we don't give them the support
> they need, they are going to go under. Consider buying an American
> car.
>
> Here are some American models recommended in the 2007 Consumer Reports
> Annual Auto Issue:
>
> Buick Lacrosse
> Buick Lucerne
> Cadillac CTS
> Cadillac CTS-V
> Cadillac DTS
> Chevrolet HHR
> Chevrolet Impala
> Chevrolet Malibu
> Chevrolet Tahoe
> Chrysler 300
> Chrysler PT Cruiser
> Dodge Durango
> Ford Five Hundred
> Ford Focus
> Ford Freestyle
> Ford Fusion
> GMC Yukon
> Jeep Liberty
> Lincoln MKZ
> Lincoln Town Car
> Mercury Milan
> Mercury Montego
> Pontiac G6
> Pontiac Torrent

From your list I assume you mean made in the 3 NAFTA countries. The GM
cars made in Korea are not mentioned.
Oh you missed the Vibe, which is built in the USA by Toyota for GM.

How about Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc.
Old May 11th 08, 04:06 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Tom D

"Just Facts" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> [...]
> Oh you missed the Vibe, which is built in the USA by Toyota for GM.

The NUMMI plant, which builds the Vibe, is a joint venture between GM and
Toyota.

Old May 11th 08, 04:27 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Jeff[_3_]

Just Facts wrote:
> In article
> >,
> wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23124844/

>> GM just made it known that they lost 39 billion in 2007, the largest
>> ever annual loss for a US automaker.
>>
>> The big three are losing money, and if we don't give them the support
>> they need, they are going to go under. Consider buying an American
>> car.
>>
>> Here are some American models recommended in the 2007 Consumer Reports
>> Annual Auto Issue:
>>
>> Buick Lacrosse
>> Buick Lucerne
>> Cadillac CTS
>> Cadillac CTS-V
>> Cadillac DTS
>> Chevrolet HHR
>> Chevrolet Impala
>> Chevrolet Malibu
>> Chevrolet Tahoe
>> Chrysler 300
>> Chrysler PT Cruiser
>> Dodge Durango
>> Ford Five Hundred
>> Ford Focus
>> Ford Freestyle
>> Ford Fusion
>> GMC Yukon
>> Jeep Liberty
>> Lincoln MKZ
>> Lincoln Town Car
>> Mercury Milan
>> Mercury Montego
>> Pontiac G6
>> Pontiac Torrent

> From your list I assume you mean made in the 3 NAFTA countries. The GM
> cars made in Korea are not mentioned.
> Oh you missed the Vibe, which is built in the USA by Toyota for GM.

The Vibe, IIRC, is built by a joint venture of GM and Toyota rather than
built just by Toyota.

Old May 11th 08, 05:51 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Just Facts

In article <EXDVj.2794$T1.900@trnddc01>, "Tom D" >
wrote:

> "Just Facts" > wrote in message
> > In article
> > >,
> > [...]
> > Oh you missed the Vibe, which is built in the USA by Toyota for GM.

> The NUMMI plant, which builds the Vibe, is a joint venture between GM and
> Toyota.

Yes I know that, but guess who does most of design work and the plant
engineering.
Old May 11th 08, 06:12 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
$)Chachiroku +O+A+m+/

On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:02:35 +0000, Just Facts wrote:

> Oh you missed the Vibe, which is built in the USA by Toyota for GM.

Cambridge, Ont.

Close enough, I guess...

Old May 11th 08, 06:26 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
Jeff[_3_]

�hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
> On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:02:35 +0000, Just Facts wrote:
>
>> Oh you missed the Vibe, which is built in the USA by Toyota for GM.

> Cambridge, Ont.
>
> Close enough, I guess...

The Toyota Matrix (on which the Vibe is based) is built in Cambridge by
Toyota, not NUMMI.

The Vibe is built at the NUMMI plant in Fremont, CA. The plant also
produces the Toyota Corolla and Toyota Tacoma. It also produced the
Toyota Voltz, a right-hand drive version of the Vibe for sale in Japan,
but with very low sales, Toyota stopped importing them in 2004.

The Toyota Corolla/Matrix has about 70% US/Canada parts content, just
like the Civic.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....&subject=am i

Jeff

Old May 12th 08, 12:37 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mercedes,alt.autos.bmw
L Alpert[_1_]

"Just Facts" > wrote in message
> In article <EXDVj.2794$T1.900@trnddc01>, "Tom D" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Just Facts" > wrote in message
>> > In article
>> > [...]
>> > Oh you missed the Vibe, which is built in the USA by Toyota for
>> > GM.

>> The NUMMI plant, which builds the Vibe, is a joint venture between
>> GM and
>> Toyota.

> Yes I know that, but guess who does most of design work and the
> plant
> engineering.

All of the vehicles in the NUMMI plant use the same frame (Vibe,
Corolla, Tacoma).......pretty interesting place to go through....

Consider buying American! tater BMW 217 February 26th 08 03:11 PM
Consider buying American! Jeff[_3_] BMW 79 February 24th 08 08:47 PM
buying a Saturn-like buying a lottery ticket misterfact Saturn 3 July 2nd 04 10:02 PM