2006 civic mileage

Old December 26th 05, 02:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2006 civic mileage

Hi everybody. I'm thinking about a new Civic in the coming months, and
curious if any of you who have already bought one are getting the mileage
ratings posted, or above or below that? I drive average to heavy-footed, so
I'm curious what real-world figures are popping up out there. I have a 97
chrysler concorde 3.5L with 150K and a burned valve causing noticable
vibrations. I'm either looking at an engine overhaul, or a new vehicle.

Thanks for any input you may have!

Michael

Old December 26th 05, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

TomP wrote:

> 18 to 25 in town, over 30 on the highway +70 MPH.

You should be getting better than that. Once it's broken in, it should
improve. And if you are in a winter climate, that is a factor too.
Old December 29th 05, 09:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Nicholas Coday" > wrote in message
> My '06 Civic Coupe EX has about 950 miles on it.
>
> I have a mix of city and hwy and get about 27-29MPG here in Oregon.

I get that on an 01 Prelude -- 27 with a mix of 70/30 city and hwy. Despite
the low mileage on your Civic, would think the mpg would be better.

Old December 29th 05, 10:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Old December 30th 05, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

TWW wrote:

>> My '06 Civic Coupe EX has about 950 miles on it.
>>
>> I have a mix of city and hwy and get about 27-29MPG here in Oregon.
>>

> I get that on an 01 Prelude -- 27 with a mix of 70/30 city and hwy. Despite
> the low mileage on your Civic, would think the mpg would be better.

With just 950 miles on it, the car is probably not broken in yet.
Old December 30th 05, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Nope, that what it's good for in town.
My '90 Integra only does 21 tops in town.
Both cars have automatic transmission too.

--
Tp,

-------- __o
----- -\<. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Old January 1st 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"High Tech Misfit" > wrote in message
> TWW wrote:
>
> >> My '06 Civic Coupe EX has about 950 miles on it.
> >>
> >> I have a mix of city and hwy and get about 27-29MPG here in Oregon.
> >>

> > I get that on an 01 Prelude -- 27 with a mix of 70/30 city and hwy.

Despite
> > the low mileage on your Civic, would think the mpg would be better.

> With just 950 miles on it, the car is probably not broken in yet.

Yes. However, you would typically not see more than a 10-15% improvement
once the engine is completely broken in. I also use an 03 Civic LX 5 spd as
a to work driver with a 70/30 mix of city and hwy. Mileage is right at
35-38.