SAE Horsepower Standards To Change

Old August 6th 05, 02:27 AM
351CJ

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> "Joe" > wrote in message
> .. .

>>> In 2005 the under powered Hemi is Dodges only Gas choice, if you
>>> don't like the comparison, that is Dodges problem not mine. And yes
>>> the 2005 6.8 liter 3 valve per cylinder V-10 Ford makes more
>>> horsepower and torque than the 2005 8.1 liter V-8 Chevy.

>> If you want power and torque, pay attention:
>> http://www.dodge.com/srt-10/
>> Class dismissed.
>>
>> As for towing, you've got to be joking if you're not talking diesels.
>>
>> Joe

> Joe,
>
> Run down to the nearest Dodge dealer and look up the towing specs for the
> SRT-10. Let us know what you find.
>
> Al

Al,

You will have to forgive Joe, he suffers from some ailment which impairs his
ability to comprehend and reason, this greatly effects his ability stay on
topic & his communication skills.

But if you would like one source referencing his pathetic SRT-10's towing
ratings, You may like to take a gander he
http://truckinweb.com/features/0501t...ar/index6.html

I'll post any relevant data about the 8.1 Vs 6.8 as I find it.

Old August 6th 05, 02:54 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

351CJ wrote:

> Al,
>
> You will have to forgive Joe, he suffers from some ailment which impairs his
> ability to comprehend and reason, this greatly effects his ability stay on
> topic & his communication skills.

Yabut, he changes his oil!

> But if you would like one source referencing his pathetic SRT-10's towing
> ratings, You may like to take a gander he
> http://truckinweb.com/features/0501t...ar/index6.html
>
> I'll post any relevant data about the 8.1 Vs 6.8 as I find it.

Hey, the Nissan with big tow package pulls 9400 pounds

--

"Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony...
clueless gets you committed..." - JG
Old August 6th 05, 08:15 AM
Big Al

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> 351CJ wrote:
>
>> Al,
>>
>> You will have to forgive Joe, he suffers from some ailment which impairs
>> his ability to comprehend and reason, this greatly effects his ability
>> stay on topic & his communication skills.

> Yabut, he changes his oil!
>

>> But if you would like one source referencing his pathetic SRT-10's towing
>> ratings, You may like to take a gander he
>> http://truckinweb.com/features/0501t...ar/index6.html
>>
>> I'll post any relevant data about the 8.1 Vs 6.8 as I find it.
>>

> Hey, the Nissan with big tow package pulls 9400 pounds

Looks like a Ford Lightning will outrun an SRT-10?? What sense does that
make?

Al

Old August 6th 05, 12:52 PM
Joe

"Big Al" > wrote in
:

> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
>> 351CJ wrote:
>>
>>> Al,
>>>
>>> You will have to forgive Joe, he suffers from some ailment which
>>> impairs his ability to comprehend and reason, this greatly effects
>>> his ability stay on topic & his communication skills.

>> Yabut, he changes his oil!
>>

>>> But if you would like one source referencing his pathetic SRT-10's
>>> towing ratings, You may like to take a gander he
>>> http://truckinweb.com/features/0501t...ar/index6.html
>>>
>>> I'll post any relevant data about the 8.1 Vs 6.8 as I find it.
>>>

>> Hey, the Nissan with big tow package pulls 9400 pounds
>>

> Looks like a Ford Lightning will outrun an SRT-10?? What sense does
> that make?
>
> Al

Looks like you've been reading fiction again, eh?

Since there's no '05 Lightning (gee, I wonder why?), this is all moot,
but last year's models went head to head and the SRT10 won:
http://trucktrend.com/roadtests/pick...407_forddodge/

Here are the numbers if you're interested:
http://trucktrend.com/roadtests/pick...ge/index5.html

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC
Old August 7th 05, 08:08 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Big Al wrote:

>> Hey, the Nissan with big tow package pulls 9400 pounds
>>

> Looks like a Ford Lightning will outrun an SRT-10?? What sense does that
> make?
>
> Al

How you figure? Might be close because of weight differences.

Old August 7th 05, 08:10 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Joe wrote:

>> Hey, the Nissan with big tow package pulls 9400 pounds

> Whoa. I'm shakin' in my boots.

You should since the 5.6 Nissan will kick that 5.9 Dakota like it
was a little girl....

Old August 7th 05, 08:52 PM
Big Al

>> Looks like a Ford Lightning will outrun an SRT-10?? What sense does that
>> make?
>>
>> Al

> How you figure? Might be close because of weight differences.

See a lot of Lightning's at the drags. Haven't seen a SRT-10 yet, but the
Fords run. Just from the magazine test results on the SRT-10, seems like the
Lightning is quicker.

Al

Old August 7th 05, 11:59 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

Big Al wrote:

>>>Looks like a Ford Lightning will outrun an SRT-10?? What sense does that
>>>make?
>>>
>>>Al

>> How you figure? Might be close because of weight differences.
>>

> See a lot of Lightning's at the drags. Haven't seen a SRT-10 yet, but the
> Fords run. Just from the magazine test results on the SRT-10, seems like the
> Lightning is quicker.
>
> Al

Check out this guys home page. I don't know where he copied the
test from but it looks like a magazine thing. It shows 5MPH and 3/10 of
a second difference between the Lightning and the SRT10. *IF* those
numbers are accurate, I would speculate that there is less than the
advertised 120HP difference between those two trucks.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...pid=245060&ck=

Old August 8th 05, 12:19 AM
Joe

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in news:xtiJe.778
$ah4.529@lakeread05:

> Joe wrote:
>
>>> Hey, the Nissan with big tow package pulls 9400 pounds

>> Whoa. I'm shakin' in my boots.

> You should since the 5.6 Nissan will kick that 5.9 Dakota like

it
> was a little girl....

Well, duh. Only an idiot would compare an '05 Nissan against an '03
Dakota.

And what weeniemobile are you driving these days, WF?
Old August 8th 05, 12:25 AM
Joe

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in

>>> How you figure? Might be close because of weight differences.
>>>

>> See a lot of Lightning's at the drags. Haven't seen a SRT-10 yet,
>> but the Fords run. Just from the magazine test results on the
>> SRT-10, seems like the Lightning is quicker.
>>
>> Al
>>

> Check out this guys home page. I don't know where he copied the
> test from but it looks like a magazine thing. It shows 5MPH and 3/10
> of a second difference between the Lightning and the SRT10. *IF*
> those numbers are accurate, I would speculate that there is less
> than the advertised 120HP difference between those two trucks.
>
> http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...pid=245060&ck=

You guys are freakin' amazing. As usual, you didn't bother to read.
As I already posted, that test came from he

http://trucktrend.com/roadtests/pick...ge/index5.html

It's an '04 comparo that clearly shows the SRT10 whupping the
Lightning's ass.