First kill!

Old May 23rd 05, 12:58 AM
GEB

For your application, that should be about right. I'm running more cam, and
higher rpms (7000). Basically on my car, the scoop is sealed to the carb,
which is forcing air down the carb at the higher mph (past 1/8 mile). Let
me know how you do if you ever get it to the track.

"66 6F HCS" > wrote in message
> Went back and ran the math again. A 398 CID engine (rounded to the nearest
> CI) running at 90% VE and a max of 6000rpm's needs 553cfm. Even at 100% VE
> it needs just 691cfm. I'll never run it to 6000 rpm. Probably a max in the
> 5200 range. That needs even less. 479cfm at 90% VE and 599cfm @ 100% VE. I
> have 1cfm to spare even at perfect volumetric efficiency
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

Gary

Old May 23rd 05, 03:54 AM
Kidd Andersson

Mark M wrote:
> Either That or one hit him first then the second ran him over finishing the
> job?

The only good thing about this is they can't figure out which vehicle
caused the death and thus no charges can be brought (assuming the first
vehicle wasn't breaking the law).

K.
Old May 23rd 05, 03:55 AM
Kidd Andersson

Spike wrote:

> Yes, it's a possibility, and probably easier to prove which one struck
> the fatal blow... LOL
>
> On Sun, 22 May 2005 21:55:00 GMT, "Mark M"
> > wrote:
>

>>Either That or one hit him first then the second ran him over finishing the
>>job?

No no... harder to tell which blow was fatal if two vehicles struck the
same person. I speak from experience, sadly.

K.
Old May 23rd 05, 04:51 AM
Spike

While contrary to CSI; solving crimes takes more than an hour to do
the paperwork even without commercials; it depends on the
investigators and the crime lab to develop the evidence. It is not
unheard of to conduct separate trials and charge each party with
responsibility. It's generally the DA who decides whether to prosecute
or not. In either case, were I one of the drivers, I sure would not
want to live with that on my conscience the rest of my days.

On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:54:03 -0400, Kidd Andersson
> wrote:

>Mark M wrote:
>> Either That or one hit him first then the second ran him over finishing the
>> job?

>The only good thing about this is they can't figure out which vehicle
>caused the death and thus no charges can be brought (assuming the first
>vehicle wasn't breaking the law).
>
>K.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old May 23rd 05, 07:09 AM
Kidd Andersson

Spike wrote:
> While contrary to CSI; solving crimes takes more than an hour to do
> the paperwork even without commercials; it depends on the
> investigators and the crime lab to develop the evidence. It is not
> unheard of to conduct separate trials and charge each party with
> responsibility. It's generally the DA who decides whether to prosecute
> or not. In either case, were I one of the drivers, I sure would not
> want to live with that on my conscience the rest of my days.

OUCH! I'm hurt. And here I thought you loved me.

Actually, my statement didn't include INTENTIONAL harm to others or foul
on either driver's part. Let me explain.
When I was 8 months pregnant, I was leaving a friend's house at 2:30 AM
to meet my man, who was doing an off-duty detail. I was having an ice
cream craving. I was on the highway, for ONCE actually going the speed
limit (okay, it was 55 and I was doing 57). It was dark. No street
lights as this wasn't a heavily populated area. I'm looking directly
ahead of me, waiting for the 7-11 sign at the top of the hill so I know
I'm almost there.
A man walked out in front of my car. I had an entire 1 second to react.
I hit my brakes and then him. He went up and over, I went to the right
and off the road. I immediately got out, called 911 on the cell phone. I
tried to call to him, started to walk to him when I saw another car's
headlights in the distance. I told the dispatcher I needed to get him
out of the road. She said not to as I would probably be hit too. He was
obviously not feeling any pain since he wasn't conscious.
I saw the car coming and I said they're going to hit him. She told me
not to look. I didn't. But I heard it. Sure enough that big white Dodge
pickup hit him and went right over his head. That's a sound I'll never
forget. But once they looked back and realized what they had hit, they
ACCELERATED and left the scene. They didn't bother to stop. Unlike the
other 4 cars that came after and hit him too. Apparently the 6th vehicle
had flares.

I went to the hospital in the back of the ambulance, he went in a body bag.
Highway Patrol came to the hospital to get my sworn statement. After all
the investigations were done, I wasn't charged with anything as A, I
obviously wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol. B, I wasn't
driving recklessly. C, by the marks from me hitting the brakes and where
I ended up I was obviously very truthful in what happened and D, the
guy's blood alcohol level was far beyond what they consider functioning.
The THI actually told me she was thinking, based on what I told her and
how things transpired, that he was possibly trying to commit suicide
(which is what the kid who walked out in front of my uncle did). He
never even LOOKED in my direction. He was wearing dark clothes, with no
lights aside from mine so there was no way I could see him until it was
too late.

Highway Patrol did look for the white truck but never found it.

She told me, since it couldn't be proven which vehicle between me and
the truck that dealt the final blow, charges couldn't be brought. She
also said that it was just something unfortunate that happened and I
obviously hadn't done anything wrong that charges wouldn't have been
brought against me anyway.

So there was my point.

K.
Old May 23rd 05, 04:21 PM

Yeah, D00E _were_ awesome heads for stock valve and port size until the
aftermarkets came along. I had a ported and polished set of 289 Hi-PO's
with chevy valves on my 79 5.0, compression was about 10:1 with 1.94/1.6
valves and it made lots of power.

Old May 23rd 05, 04:56 PM
Spike

Kidd.... that was directed at you as you SHOULD have been prosecuted,
just pointing out that it's possible for two separate operators to be
tried for the same accident. As for the conscience part... been there
when a child ran out from the side of a typical narrow Asian street.
Bad enough being arrested, but by Japanese police... I endured that
for quite a while until the investigation results came out that I did
not actually hit the kid. The child was injured, but not by the car,
he had actually tripped and hit the curb. But it is a haunting
thought... and only 1 day after I got married....

On Mon, 23 May 2005 02:09:43 -0400, Kidd Andersson

Old May 23rd 05, 07:02 PM
Spike

Correction: NOT directed at you personally... SBT