RAMFM's six-year jock itch eradicated

Old March 23rd 05, 02:07 PM
Cory Dunkle

If you think Rick is so bad, why do you stoop to his level? Why to you show
yourself to be just as much an ass as he, if not worse?

In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, the both of you seem very immature.
It's a shame though that you are so deadset on keeping this thing going.
Just let it go, stop making yourself look like an ass, and remove the
thundersnake thing from your signature. Show some respect for other people,
and you just might get a little yourself. Just chill out and go about your
life and let Rick go about his. I used to think the both of you were pretty
cool guys. Now I think it's pathetic what you have both sunk to. Rick is a
bit eccentric or overzealous at times, but that doesn't have to be a big
deal. Anyhow, stop acting like a dambass.

Cory

oups.com...

Old March 23rd 05, 04:23 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

I don't who or what CobraJet is/was but I can tell you that he could get
me laughing out loud easier than anyone else here ever could. If he is
gone I will miss his banter and twisted sense of humor. Anyway, life
goes on and so will ramfm.

Old March 23rd 05, 05:22 PM

Cory wrote:

> If you think Rick is so bad, why do you stoop to his level?
> Why do you show yourself to be just as much an ass as
> he, if not worse?

<snip>

With one exception I agree with everything you wrote, and with SVT Kate
and Deputy Dog Dave too. I might even agree with Pound Pup if I knew
what it is he DID write. The war is over. Limp Rick is gone,
apparently even from ahpbbfm, at least for the time being.

As far as giving Limp Rick less than all DUE respect, I disagree,
emphasis on the "due." For the four years I have been reading this NG
and ahpbbfm, he has let his collection of cool cars rot in the Arizona
sun and has not launched a single project. (That is until last
September, when instead of fixing up one of the cool cars he already
owns he bought a cool mildly hot-rodded '73 460 ci Ranger pickup and a
cool '70 351C Torino 2-door -- both runners at the time -- and
proceeded to convert them both to scrap metal, with the idea to
transplant the 460 from the truck into the car. Even that meager
"project" has now dragged on for six months with very little progress.)

Limp Rick's collection includes a '67 390 Cyclone GT vert, a '68 Olds
4-4-2, a '68 Mustang GT/CS, a '69 428CJ Cougar, a '69 428CJ Cyclone,
two '69 428CJ Fairlanes, a '70 429CJ Cyclone Spoiler, a '70 440 Road
Runner, and a couple dozen more. I think it's criminal for cars like
this to just sit and rot year after year. This guy is nearing 50,
which gives him about 15 more years to bring these cars back. Those of
us who have actually worked on our old heaps know that it's a
multi-year project to bring back just ONE car. Limp Rick is sitting on
at least 24 project cars that any hobbyist would love to take on.
There is no way Limp Rick is ever going to bring these cars back. For
him neither to work on them or sell them to someone who will is a crime
against the old car hobby, one step removed from sending them to the
crusher.

At the same time Limp Rick promotes this image of himself as the do-er,
the hands-on, been there done that guy. Well, as I found from my
review of past Limp Rick posts, the facts are that he was a marginal
bench-warmer in the San Fernando Valley street racing scene from '73 to
sometime in the late '70's - early '80's, first in a 289 ci '68
Mustang, then in a '68 4-4-2, into which he had dropped a purpose-built
455. He describes the Stang as a 13.2-13.3 second car and the Olds as
a 12.5-12.7 second car.

First, neither of these times is startlingly quick for these cars. I
mean, high to mid 12's with a race-only 455? Anyone here could beat
that number without even trying.

Second, the fact that Limp Rick can't even nail down his career bests
with these cars -- cars that he still owns -- suggests that he never
even took them to the track. Rather, I'd guess that what his vague
numbers mean is that he street raced and beat a guy who had actually
been to the track and had run a 13.3 or a 12.8, and from that he
INVENTS that his car was a tenth quicker than the car he beat in the
street race. I mean, here's a guy who can recite from memory 4th
grade playground songs, or the parts that were specific to the 289
Hi-Po, and he can't tell you his own cars' best E.T.'s to within one
or two tenths? No, I just can't buy it. Rather, this is a guy who
never ran even these unimpressive times at a racetrack.

So that's why I have been on Limp Rick's back lately. The waste and the
deception. Believe me, there's nothing I'd like better than for Limp
Rick to re-hab one of his Cobra Jets and take it to the track and run
off a string of 11's, or even 13's. Why would I be against that? I'd
love for his lies to be true. I'd love for his cars all to be
gleaming, razor sharp runners and ass-kickers. But they're not.
They're sun-baked scrap metal, and they'll stay that way until the day
he dies. And that, with all the lies on top of it, bugs the **** out
of me.

Sorry for caring, and sorry for turning this post into another novella
of scorn for Limp Rick. I'll try not to mention the guy for awhile.

180 Out
TS 28

Old March 23rd 05, 10:54 PM
Rod Serling

In article .com>,
> [...]

> or two tenths? No, I just can't buy it. Rather, this is a guy who
> never ran even these unimpressive times at a racetrack.
>
> So that's why I have been on Limp Rick's back lately. The waste and the
> deception. Believe me, there's nothing I'd like better than for Limp
> Rick to re-hab one of his Cobra Jets and take it to the track and run
> off a string of 11's, or even 13's. Why would I be against that? I'd
> love for his lies to be true. I'd love for his cars all to be
> gleaming, razor sharp runners and ass-kickers. But they're not.
> They're sun-baked scrap metal, and they'll stay that way until the day
> he dies. And that, with all the lies on top of it, bugs the **** out
> of me.
>
> Sorry for caring, and sorry for turning this post into another novella
> of scorn for Limp Rick. I'll try not to mention the guy for awhile.

"Submitted for your consideration, one Mr. William Henley, family
man and part-time car buff. Once level-headed, with aspirations in the
forefront of his life, he awoke one day to find that the feelings of
uselessness and shortcoming that afflict middle America's struggle with
the status quo had indeed caught up to him without warning. As he
scampers frantically about in his maze of blurred reality like a lab
mouse in a basement experiment, Bill is about to discover that the only
road out of his nightmare is a lonely two-lane blacktop bisected by a
broken white line, a lonely road with both lanes leading to... the
Twilight Zone."
Old March 23rd 05, 11:14 PM

Rod wrote:

> Bill is about to discover that the only road out of his
> nightmare is a lonely two-lane blacktop bisected by a
> broken white line, a lonely road with both lanes leading
> to... the Twilight Zone."

Does this mean I get to drive on the left or the right, my choice?

If my bad ride is the Dennis Wilson/James Taylor BB '55, I'm there Rod
dude. . . .There's the signpost . . . up ahead . . . and I know I can
bang those gears better than JT did.

180 Out
TS 2

Old March 23rd 05, 11:20 PM

Old March 23rd 05, 11:55 PM
SVTKate

"Rod Serling" > wrote

*edited*

| "Submitted for your consideration, one Mr. William Henley, family
| man and part-time car buff. Once level-headed, with aspirations in the
| forefront of his life, he awoke one day to find that the feelings of
| uselessness and shortcoming that afflict middle America's struggle with
| the status quo had indeed caught up to him without warning. As he
| scampers frantically about in his maze of blurred reality like a lab
| mouse in a basement experiment, Bill is about to discover that the only
| road out of his nightmare is a lonely two-lane blacktop bisected by a
| broken white line, a lonely road with both lanes leading to... the
| Twilight Zone."

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!! FOFLMAO!!!!!

Old March 24th 05, 02:09 AM

SVT Kate wrote:

> Rod Serling wrote:

>> Submitted for your consideration, . . . a lonely two-lane
>> blacktop bisected by a | broken white line, a lonely
>> road with both lanes leading to . . . the Twilight Zone.

> OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!! FOFLMAO!!!!!

Act One: Zoom in on upstanding citizen Juan A. d'Out (played by an
impossibly young Robert Redford), watering his well-tended lawn on a
sunny suburban street. A moving van pulls up. New neighbor name of
"Limpy" Rick Umber. Friendly greetings. Days go by, and with them a
growing accumulation of faded sun-baked old heaps appears in, on, and
about Limpy's home. Also two dozen cats take up residence. The
prevailing breeze blows in d'Out's direction. Ick.

Act Two: Limpy's yard piles up more piles -- automotive and feline.
At the same time, Limpy cannot be dislodged from the d'Out house,
letting himself in at will and continually spouting a line of B.S.
about his glorious past as a San Fernando street racer. Finally d'Out
snaps, murders Limpy, and makes cat food with the remains (which he
drops off at the local animal shelter, along with Limpy's mangy brood).

Act Three: (Time for the patented surprise twist ending.) Death row.
D'Out is led to the chamber. The phone rings. He's not only been
commuted, the President has agreed to step down and a grateful nation
has made d'Out Emperor for Life.

The End.

OK, the last part is lame, but if I could come with cool surprise twist
endings I'd be Rod Serling, not 180 Out.

180 Out
TS 2

Old March 24th 05, 02:10 AM

Old March 24th 05, 02:29 AM
SVTKate

Tell me why...
do all of your posts come up as doubles?

you been drinking at the keyboard again?

oups.com...