1993 Audi 90 CS NON-Quattro V6 - Transmission Fluid - BG ATF Product?

Old January 4th 08, 05:30 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 1993 Audi 90 CS NON-Quattro V6 - Transmission Fluid - BG ATF Product?

My automatic transmission usuall gets stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear. So I
looked at the manual and it says that transmission fluid must be
perfect and that in Quattro's you can not change the fluid. The fluid
does not appear to be low.

Two questions:

1) Does this mean I can get a transmission fluid flush and maybe help
my problem?
2) I ordered som BG ATF Cleaner. I love BG products, has anyone ever
used the ATF product to condition the ATFluid and help clean the
transmission?

I know the book says Do not Add Additives, but that was back in 1992
and my car has 165,000 miles on it and BG products have improved a lot
since the manual was printed.

Thanks

Erik
Old January 4th 08, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
tgenzi via CarKB.com

wrote:
>My automatic transmission usuall gets stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear. So I
>looked at the manual and it says that transmission fluid must be
>perfect and that in Quattro's you can not change the fluid. The fluid
>does not appear to be low.
>
>Two questions:
>
>1) Does this mean I can get a transmission fluid flush and maybe help
>my problem?
>2) I ordered som BG ATF Cleaner. I love BG products, has anyone ever
>used the ATF product to condition the ATFluid and help clean the
>transmission?
>
>I know the book says Do not Add Additives, but that was back in 1992
>and my car has 165,000 miles on it and BG products have improved a lot
>since the manual was printed.
>
>Thanks
>
>Erik

I work for a Chrysler Jeep dealership and we use alot of BG products. The ATF
conditioner is one of them and it works great. I had a 92 Acclaim with a
torque converter shudder and it solved the problem.
Most of our newer cars take special fluid we add the conditioner at service
intervals and have not had any problems. I own a 2000 A4 Quattro now which I
love. I have not tried it on this car because the trans works fine. Its up to
you if you want to give it a try. Hope this helps.