Strange Light on Cluster

Old May 8th 07, 05:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Strange Light on Cluster

I have a 2004 All-Road and noticed something weird on my instrument
cluster; when I press the turn signal lever, I get a quick, green
flashing indicator which looks like this: <=1=> . It flashes
briefly and then will flash intermittently as long as the turn signal
is blinking. Of course, I still get the normal, flashing turn arrows
on the cluster above it.

Does anyone have a clue what this means? I happened to have the car
in for service a month ago and none of the four mechanics nor service
advisors at the Audi dealership had a clue. I called Audi N.A. and
they, too, said they'd never seen this.

What does this mystery light mean????

Old May 8th 07, 07:20 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Fergus

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a 2004 All-Road and noticed something weird on my instrument
> cluster; when I press the turn signal lever, I get a quick, green
> flashing indicator which looks like this: <=1=> . It flashes
> briefly and then will flash intermittently as long as the turn signal
> is blinking. Of course, I still get the normal, flashing turn arrows
> on the cluster above it.
>
> Does anyone have a clue what this means? I happened to have the car
> in for service a month ago and none of the four mechanics nor service
> advisors at the Audi dealership had a clue. I called Audi N.A. and
> they, too, said they'd never seen this.
>
> What does this mystery light mean????

could it have something to do with tow bar lighting.

When a third party tow bar is fitted there is a green light on the accessory
panel or as with my Vitara the green light was added into the panel next to
the spot/fog light switches.

Perhaps with the Audi its built into the dash. Do you have a hitch fitted,
if not it may just be a wiring glitch. The plugs/sockets are probably
already hidden in the rear of the vehicle ready to accept a bar.

Old May 8th 07, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On May 8, 2:20 pm, "Fergus" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> >I have a 2004 All-Road and noticed something weird on my instrument
> > cluster; when I press the turn signal lever, I get a quick, green
> > flashing indicator which looks like this: <=1=> . It flashes
> > briefly and then will flash intermittently as long as the turn signal
> > is blinking. Of course, I still get the normal, flashing turn arrows
> > on the cluster above it.

> > Does anyone have a clue what this means? I happened to have the car
> > in for service a month ago and none of the four mechanics nor service
> > advisors at the Audi dealership had a clue. I called Audi N.A. and
> > they, too, said they'd never seen this.

> > What does this mystery light mean????

> could it have something to do with tow bar lighting.
>
> When a third party tow bar is fitted there is a green light on the accessory
> panel or as with my Vitara the green light was added into the panel next to
> the spot/fog light switches.
>
> Perhaps with the Audi its built into the dash. Do you have a hitch fitted,
> if not it may just be a wiring glitch. The plugs/sockets are probably
> already hidden in the rear of the vehicle ready to accept a bar.

I do, in fact, have an afternarket towbar installed this light wasn't
added so I don't really think that's behind what you are referring
to.

My mystery light is in the face of the tachometer, just to the right
of the, "2" so nothing has been modified relative to the tow bar.

Old May 8th 07, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Fergus

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On May 8, 2:20 pm, "Fergus" > wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...
>>
>> >I have a 2004 All-Road and noticed something weird on my instrument
>> > cluster; when I press the turn signal lever, I get a quick, green
>> > flashing indicator which looks like this: <=1=> . It flashes
>> > briefly and then will flash intermittently as long as the turn signal
>> > is blinking. Of course, I still get the normal, flashing turn arrows
>> > on the cluster above it.

>> > Does anyone have a clue what this means? I happened to have the car
>> > in for service a month ago and none of the four mechanics nor service
>> > advisors at the Audi dealership had a clue. I called Audi N.A. and
>> > they, too, said they'd never seen this.

>> > What does this mystery light mean????

>> could it have something to do with tow bar lighting.
>>
>> When a third party tow bar is fitted there is a green light on the
>> accessory
>> panel or as with my Vitara the green light was added into the panel next
>> the spot/fog light switches.
>>
>> Perhaps with the Audi its built into the dash. Do you have a hitch
>> fitted,
>> if not it may just be a wiring glitch. The plugs/sockets are probably
>> already hidden in the rear of the vehicle ready to accept a bar.

> I do, in fact, have an afternarket towbar installed this light wasn't
> added so I don't really think that's behind what you are referring
> to.
>
> My mystery light is in the face of the tachometer, just to the right
> of the, "2" so nothing has been modified relative to the tow bar.

we can assume it is related to a revs warning as its on that dial.

is it speed/revs related..............i.e. does it happen at high speed, low
speed, high revs, low revs..............

strange Audi do not know..............

Old May 9th 07, 11:53 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave[_9_]

>>> could it have something to do with tow bar lighting.

I'm almost certain that that light is to show you that your trailer
indicators are working. I would suspect a wiring fault if it comes on when
no trailer is attached.

Old May 9th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On May 8, 3:52 pm, "Fergus" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> groups.com...

> >> could it have something to do with tow bar lighting.

> >> When a third party tow bar is fitted there is a green light on the
> >> accessory
> >> panel or as with my Vitara the green light was added into the panel next
> >> the spot/fog light switches.

> >> Perhaps with theAudiits built into the dash. Do you have a hitch
> >> fitted,
> >> if not it may just be a wiring glitch. The plugs/sockets are probably
> >> already hidden in the rear of the vehicle ready to accept a bar.

> > I do, in fact, have an afternarket towbar installed this light wasn't
> > added so I don't really think that's behind what you are referring
> > to.

> > My mystery light is in the face of the tachometer, just to the right
> > of the, "2" so nothing has been modified relative to the tow bar.

> we can assume it is related to a revs warning as its on that dial.
>
> is it speed/revs related..............i.e. does it happen at high speed, low
> speed, high revs, low revs..............
>
> strangeAudido not know..............- Hide quoted text -

Actually, I have noticed that it seems to flash more frequently/
consistently at low revs than high (only, of course, when the turn
signal is depressed.)