Windoze for Audi service manual?

Old May 1st 07, 05:39 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

Default Windoze for Audi service manual?

The only service manual for a 2006/2007 Audi A3 that I can find is at
Bentley Publishers. According to their web site, viewing the manual
online or on disc requires Windows 2000/XP. Is that for a PDF helper
that I can bypass or is the material really encoded for only Windows?

I'm stunned. I wouldn't have bought the car knowing that Windows would
be needed to service it.
Old May 1st 07, 01:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

Well you might have to wait for a paper version to come out.
But since you are on a computer some of the time I will ASSuME that you are
either using UNIX or maybe Apple.
Local USA library might have a computer you can use to view info online if
you don't wish to purchase an inexpensive compatible computer. <g>
Not sure if the software you can use will allow you to run the eBahn stuff
from CD.

Are you sure you will need Windows 2K or newer to view the online stuff?
Did you go there to see what you can view now with your computer?
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/ebahn/web.info_gen.htm

Compatibility/System Requirements
eBahn® Web is usable on a PC and requires Internet Explorer 6.0 (with
Javascript and Cookies enabled), Adobe Reader 7.0, Windows Media Player 10
and Macromedia Flash Player 8.0. Because eBahn® Web is an entirely online
product our compatibility support will cover browser issues, but will not
cover any problems between your operating system and the browser that you
are using.

--
later,
dave

Old May 1st 07, 08:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
"dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:

> Well you might have to wait for a paper version to come out.
> But since you are on a computer some of the time I will ASSuME that you are
> either using UNIX or maybe Apple.
> Local USA library might have a computer you can use to view info online if
> you don't wish to purchase an inexpensive compatible computer. <g>
> Not sure if the software you can use will allow you to run the eBahn stuff
> from CD.
>
> Are you sure you will need Windows 2K or newer to view the online stuff?
> Did you go there to see what you can view now with your computer?
> http://www.bentleypublishers.com/ebahn/web.info_gen.htm
>
> Compatibility/System Requirements
> eBahn® Web is usable on a PC and requires Internet Explorer 6.0 (with
> Javascript and Cookies enabled), Adobe Reader 7.0, Windows Media Player 10
> and Macromedia Flash Player 8.0. Because eBahn® Web is an entirely online
> product our compatibility support will cover browser issues, but will not
> cover any problems between your operating system and the browser that you
> are using.

The requirements for the web site look a lot like the requirements for
the software. "Internet Explorer 6.0" is Windows only. Microsoft's web
site says "Windows Media Player 10" is strictly for Windows XP.

My girlfriend has a Windows laptop but it's an old beater that only
semi-runs. My Mac laptop is PowerPC G4 based so Wintel emulation would
be much too slow. Working on the car from printouts off a desktop
computer sounds tedious. At least with my previous three cars, maybe
100 pages might be referenced for a project like replacing the sound
system.
Old May 1st 07, 09:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Marcus Redd

"Kevin McMurtrie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
>
>> Well you might have to wait for a paper version to come out.
>> But since you are on a computer some of the time I will ASSuME that you
>> are
>> either using UNIX or maybe Apple.
>> Local USA library might have a computer you can use to view info online
>> if
>> you don't wish to purchase an inexpensive compatible computer. <g>
>> Not sure if the software you can use will allow you to run the eBahn
>> stuff
>> from CD.
>>
>> Are you sure you will need Windows 2K or newer to view the online stuff?
>> Did you go there to see what you can view now with your computer?
>> http://www.bentleypublishers.com/ebahn/web.info_gen.htm
>>
>> Compatibility/System Requirements
>> eBahn® Web is usable on a PC and requires Internet Explorer 6.0
>> (with
>> Javascript and Cookies enabled), Adobe Reader 7.0, Windows Media Player
>> 10
>> and Macromedia Flash Player 8.0. Because eBahn® Web is an entirely online
>> product our compatibility support will cover browser issues, but will not
>> cover any problems between your operating system and the browser that you
>> are using.

> The requirements for the web site look a lot like the requirements for
> the software. "Internet Explorer 6.0" is Windows only. Microsoft's web
> site says "Windows Media Player 10" is strictly for Windows XP.
>
> My girlfriend has a Windows laptop but it's an old beater that only
> semi-runs. My Mac laptop is PowerPC G4 based so Wintel emulation would
> be much too slow. Working on the car from printouts off a desktop
> computer sounds tedious. At least with my previous three cars, maybe
> 100 pages might be referenced for a project like replacing the sound
> system.

And what am I supposed to to? I don't even have a computer... it's all so
unfair...

Geddit?
;o)

Old May 2nd 07, 08:08 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Chris Bartram[_1_]

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

> My girlfriend has a Windows laptop but it's an old beater that only
> semi-runs. My Mac laptop is PowerPC G4 based so Wintel emulation would
> be much too slow. Working on the car from printouts off a desktop
> computer sounds tedious. At least with my previous three cars, maybe
> 100 pages might be referenced for a project like replacing the sound
> system.

Buy your girlfriend a new Windoze laptop and 'borrow' it?
Old May 3rd 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

You wrote: "Working on the car from printouts off a desktop computer sounds
tedious."
Yeah it is a little, but you print up all the pages that you might need and
if the pages get dirty during the job...throw them away and print new ones!
;-)

I see computers here going for $65 or less with Win2K
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/sys/320997159.html

I would recommend a laptop so you can become more portable and expandable.
You can even purchase the ross-tech.com vag-com interface and use it with
the laptop. ;-)

JMHO
--
later,
dave

.uk...

Old May 5th 07, 01:50 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tom Goodman

Install Azureus and eMule.
Then search on eMule for ETKA 7, and Elsawin. Do a torrent (demonoid)
search for Elsawin 3.3 and you will fins a large torrent and a small
one, the data and install programs respectively. From the large torrent
you only need the rar elements, the poster accidentally included the
un-rared elements as well (cab files etc) making the torrent twice as
large as necessary, so using Azureus download only the rar parts.

Follow the install prog instructions, then install the main Elsawin 3.3
prog. Then install ETKA 7. You now have complete online computerised
parts and service for VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda.

Enjoy !

Service Manual help-slip-franklin Honda 3 January 4th 07 05:50 PM
service manual benson Corvette 3 July 9th 06 03:25 PM
OT Windoze ctrl-alt-delete-lock Shag VW air cooled 4 June 9th 05 08:04 PM
E39 Service Manual sticks BMW 0 December 23rd 04 12:28 AM
Audi A6 '95 V6 - service manual... robbie Audi 0 August 11th 04 07:17 PM