The Competition Goes to 6.2L and 430HP

Old April 28th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default The Competition Goes to 6.2L and 430HP

Yikes! If the base model of the upcoming Z/28 gets this motor our GT
with the little 4.6 and 300 is going to be outgunned by a bunch.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../70427001/1065

Patrick

Old April 28th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_37_]

wrote in
oups.com:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...27/FREE/704270
> 01/1065
>
> Patrick

The Camaro can never have the same power as the Corvette. But even
slightly detuned, it's a formidable threat.
Old April 28th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"Joe" > wrote in message
> wrote in
> oups.com:
>
> > Yikes! If the base model of the upcoming Z/28 gets this motor our GT
> > with the little 4.6 and 300 is going to be outgunned by a bunch.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...27/FREE/704270
> > 01/1065
> >
> > Patrick

> The Camaro can never have the same power as the Corvette. But even
> slightly detuned, it's a formidable threat.

Even if a Camaro and Corvette had the same horsepower, the Corvette can get
it to the ground. That's where they excel. Or is that accel? (It's Saturday,
I can make up words today

Al

Old May 2nd 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:54:38 -0700, "Big Al" > puked:

>"Joe" > wrote in message
. ..
>> wrote in
>> oups.com:
>>
>> > Yikes! If the base model of the upcoming Z/28 gets this motor our GT
>> > with the little 4.6 and 300 is going to be outgunned by a bunch.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...27/FREE/704270
>> > 01/1065
>> >
>> > Patrick

>> The Camaro can never have the same power as the Corvette. But even
>> slightly detuned, it's a formidable threat.

>Even if a Camaro and Corvette had the same horsepower, the Corvette can get
>it to the ground. That's where they excel. Or is that accel? (It's Saturday,
>I can make up words today
>
>Al

Any word if the new F body will have IRS?
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old May 2nd 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Good. Ford needs some competition to the Mustang. I would guess the
Z/28 would receive a 380 hp detuned version that would probably make
closer to 400 actual hp on the dyno. Plus, I bet GM manufactures enough
of them to sell at MSRP. Ford needs this type of competition to keep
them from raping their loyal customers with the Shelby models.