93 3.8 question

Old May 4th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 93 3.8 question

Ive got a 96 Thunderbird with a 3.8 and someone told me the 3.8 from
the 93 mustang would fit it. i know ill have to change the heads and
the timing chain cover and all that but will my heads fit that block?
i know there where some small changes to the block in 96 but im not
sure if they will preclude me from using the my heads, intake, etc.
on the 93 block. anyone have any exp with this? thanks j

Old May 4th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On May 4, 4:59 pm, wrote:
> Ive got a 96 Thunderbird with a 3.8 and someone told me the 3.8 from
> the 93 mustang would fit it. i know ill have to change the heads and
> the timing chain cover and all that but will my heads fit that block?
> i know there where some small changes to the block in 96 but im not
> sure if they will preclude me from using the my heads, intake, etc.
> on the 93 block. anyone have any exp with this? thanks j

also anyone know where i would find the casting number on my block?

Old May 5th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Ive got a 96 Thunderbird with a 3.8 and someone told me the 3.8 from
> the 93 mustang would fit it. i know ill have to change the heads and
> the timing chain cover and all that but will my heads fit that block?
> i know there where some small changes to the block in 96 but im not
> sure if they will preclude me from using the my heads, intake, etc.
> on the 93 block. anyone have any exp with this? thanks j

I think you need to clarify something here cause in 1993 there was no 3.8L
available in the Mustang, only the 2.3L 4 cylinder and the 5.0L 8 cylinder.

Old May 6th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On May 5, 4:30 am, "Nicholas Anthony" >
wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > Ive got a 96 Thunderbird with a 3.8 and someone told me the 3.8 from
> > the 93 mustang would fit it. i know ill have to change the heads and
> > the timing chain cover and all that but will my heads fit that block?
> > i know there where some small changes to the block in 96 but im not
> > sure if they will preclude me from using the my heads, intake, etc.
> > on the 93 block. anyone have any exp with this? thanks j

> I think you need to clarify something here cause in 1993 there was no 3.8L
> available in the Mustang, only the 2.3L 4 cylinder and the 5.0L 8 cylinder.

well i believe the guy told me it came out a 93 mustang. guess he
didnt know what he was talking about.
my basic question is the block from a 96 3.8 rwd interchangeable
with the 3.8 block it replaced. thnx for the reply