Barn Find: '65 Shelby w/ only 44K

Old December 15th 11, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Barn Find: '65 Shelby w/ only 44K

You'd think at some point this sort of thing won't be found anymore.
I mean how many ultra low-mileage ones like this one can be left out
there?

http://www.stangtv.com/news/barn-fin...ks-at-auction/

Patrick
Old December 15th 11, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 14, 6:35*pm, "
> wrote:
> You'd think at some point this sort of thing won't be found anymore.
> I mean how many ultra low-mileage ones like this one can be left out
> there?

> http://www.stangtv.com/news/barn-fin...xpected-to-get...

And as soon as I post this I find the same website lists this one too.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/%E2%80%9...ng-to-auction/

Patrick
Old December 15th 11, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
biofilm

" > wrote in message
> You'd think at some point this sort of thing won't be found anymore.
> I mean how many ultra low-mileage ones like this one can be left out
> there?
>
> http://www.stangtv.com/news/barn-fin...ks-at-auction/
>
> Patrick

they are out there,
I found a 1954 Jaguar MK1 coup, 6 cylinder, aluminum heads, still parked
from 1986 in covered parking, still there too.
Nice,
but English parts, old, steering on left side, would cost $7k to get running
good says a shop, body rust

Old December 15th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:35:25 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>You'd think at some point this sort of thing won't be found anymore.
>I mean how many ultra low-mileage ones like this one can be left out
>there?
>
>http://www.stangtv.com/news/barn-fin...ks-at-auction/
>
>Patrick

How many were built and how many are accounted for? And that's just
Mustangs. When you toss in the other good cars....

Before I bought my 65, I was offered a California stored Nash Bridges
'Cuda 'vert. The woman's son had bought it but was killed overseas. So
she continued to drive it on the rare occasions she went out (she was
elderly). New paint and upholstery (and even those were not that bad)
for cheap. Very low miles. I don't recall the amount or the mileage
now, ten years later, but I know it was cheaper than my 'stang, and
mine started out just being a heap of parts. Big bucks later, it's a
solid car.

Watch "The Pickers". They come across great old cars while out
searching for resellable stuff.
Old December 16th 11, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 15, 4:15*pm, D E Willson > wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:35:25 -0800 (PST), "
>
> > wrote:
> >You'd think at some point this sort of thing won't be found anymore.
> >I mean how many ultra low-mileage ones like this one can be left out
> >there?

> >http://www.stangtv.com/news/barn-fin...xpected-to-get...

> >Patrick

> How many were built and how many are accounted for? And that's just
> Mustangs. When you toss in the other good cars....

> Before I bought my 65, I was offered a California stored Nash Bridges
> 'Cuda 'vert. The woman's son had bought it but was killed overseas. So
> she continued to drive it on the rare occasions she went out (she was
> elderly). New paint and upholstery (and even those were not that bad)
> for cheap. Very low miles. I don't recall the amount or the mileage
> now, ten years later, but I know it was cheaper than my 'stang, and
> mine started out just being a heap of parts. Big bucks later, it's a
> solid car.

I can see stuff still being found in the desert Southwest or
California but anywhere there's salt or moisture you'd think they'd be
gone.

> Watch "The Pickers". They come across great old cars while out
> searching for resellable stuff.

I have seen that show a few times. I saw many interesting things, but
never a cool car. I guess I'll have to tune in more.

Patrick

Barn Find Bites Back Ad absurdum per aspera[_2_] Antique cars 2 July 7th 09 12:30 AM
My first barn 'find' JRnNC Ford Mustang 1 July 6th 07 01:17 AM
Barn find... No Name Saturn 2 June 30th 07 12:10 AM
Barn find(s) Frank ess Auto Photos 4 February 20th 07 08:33 PM
Help me get it running. 15 year old barn find [email protected] VW air cooled 11 August 15th 06 11:14 PM