The perfect road!

Old February 7th 05, 01:06 AM
Spike

By the way... if the "culprit" says they do, it's the same as an
admission.... and if they say they don't, you also have them for
"Inattentive Driving" (the same thing you can get if you fail to
observe the flashing lights in your rearview mirror).

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:16:34 GMT, "Deputy Dog"
> wrote:

>That question is part of the training, if you answer yes, it can and will be
>used against you if you contest the ticket I've used the response "no but
>i'm sure you do" with a big smile of course.
>
>Dave
>
>"SVTKate" > wrote in message
nk.net...
>> Dang Sam.
>> I think I have decided that cops set us up when they ask "Do you know how
>> fast you were going?"
>>
>> I have pretty much decided that the next time one asks me that I am going
>> grin real big and say "Yep! Don't you?"

>> | I was just kiddin' of course, but the way you worded the question almost
>> | sounded like an interrogation, lol!
>> | I've been in front of those Christmas lights a few times myself. One
>> | time back when I was young and stupid I was cruising along I44 in a
>> | Catalina with a big engine. Cop came over the crest of a big hill and
>> | got me with oncoming radar doin' 86MPH. Speed limit was 55 at the time.
>> | When we were standing in front of those "christmas lights" he asked me
>> | where the fire was. I told him it was just the big hills and I didn't
>> | notice how fast I was going. He looked at me, kinda smirked, and said,
>> | "I got you at 86MPH going up that hill near the top. I can just imagine
>> | how fast you were going on your way down the last hill!"
>> | Officer St. Nick then proceeded to write me my Christmas "gift
>> | certificate" and gave me directions to the county seat!

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old February 7th 05, 03:01 AM
japhar81

No, but if you're lucky enough to catch it on a day when Toby is on patrol
(Hes the big guy who drives the '03 mach 1 for his patrol cruiser;P) and ask
him nicely, he'll overlook some stuff, long as its safe.

Old February 7th 05, 03:31 AM
Dan Murphy

Spike > wrote in
:

> By the way... if the "culprit" says they do, it's the same as an
> admission.... and if they say they don't, you also have them for
> "Inattentive Driving" (the same thing you can get if you fail to
> observe the flashing lights in your rearview mirror).

<snip>

So what if I take the fifth?

Dan
Old February 7th 05, 03:42 AM
Wound Up

"Now Officer, flattery will get you nowhere (blink blink)."

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old February 7th 05, 03:47 AM
Wound Up

Spike wrote:
> By the way... if the "culprit" says they do,

What happened to the presumption of innocence?

it's the same as an
> admission.... and if they say they don't, you also have them for
> "Inattentive Driving" (the same thing you can get if you fail to
> observe the flashing lights in your rearview mirror).

I guess it's an impractical, burdensome detail on cops' EGOS.

> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:16:34 GMT, "Deputy Dog"
> > wrote:
>

>>That question is part of the training, if you answer yes, it can and will be
>>used against you if you contest the ticket I've used the response "no but
>>i'm sure you do" with a big smile of course.
>>
>>Dave

ink.net...

Old February 7th 05, 04:05 AM
Wound Up

I want to take a little poll.

On road trips, what was your best point-to-point time and/or avg. speed
(stops included)?

My best tank of gas was from Santa Fe to Amarillo. I made it in 2
hours, 50 minutes.

My best trip was from Santa Fe to Columbia, Mo. It was 1044 miles in
14.25 hours, or, a mean of 73.26 mph.

My second best was from Columbia, Mo. to Norwalk, Conn. It was 1185
miles in 17 hours, or a mean of 69.7 mph. Damned Pennsylvania, 55 at
the time.

Every highway patrol frequency to and from was in my scanner. I used a
good detector. I never used cruise, drove with two hands, paid
attention to hiding spots, to what I was doing, and roasted the brake
pads a few times.

Not one ticket, and about 10 avoided. One was simply by looking bored
after slowing down suddenly, and by having the cop look, then fly past
me after the guy I was next to. Sorry, Charlie.

No harm, no foul. Who's got some stories??

I've done long trips like this probably 25 times, over 85 most of the
time, and have only gotten one ticket on them, ever. Either I'm
invisible, or the average statie isn't so keen after all.

Long live Brock Yates.

Spike wrote:
> By the way... if the "culprit" says they do, it's the same as an
> admission.... and if they say they don't, you also have them for
> "Inattentive Driving" (the same thing you can get if you fail to
> observe the flashing lights in your rearview mirror).
>
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:16:34 GMT, "Deputy Dog"
> > wrote:
>

>>That question is part of the training, if you answer yes, it can and will be
>>used against you if you contest the ticket I've used the response "no but
>>i'm sure you do" with a big smile of course.
>>
>>Dave

ink.net...

Old February 7th 05, 01:38 PM
JohnW

I did a run down 97 yesterday from Rt 26 (Westminster/Eldersburg) almost
down to Wheaton. It's a nice twisty two lane with plenty of passing zones.
I partied along the way with an Acura RL and an Audi something (S4 badge).
Carroll, Howard and Montgomery counties.

We moved up here in August, but I just started the REAL road exploring the
day I got the GT. Picked it up a week ago Saturday morning, then took it up
to PA for my niece's basketball game. Nearly everything in the Westminster
area is two lane.

Old February 7th 05, 03:38 PM
japhar81

man that brings back memories, used to live on 97 and run my '67 mustang on
it all the time, till i totaled it:-/

if you ever put together a ride in the area, give me a shout.

Old February 7th 05, 10:24 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 2/6/2005 3:16 PM, Deputy Dog wrote:

> That question is part of the training, if you answer yes, it can and will be
> used against you if you contest the ticket I've used the response "no but
> i'm sure you do" with a big smile of course.

I've always wondered how this would work:

"Do you know how fast you were going?"

"Sure I do - a reasonable and prudent speed for the current conditions."

"Care to be more specific?"

"I'm sorry, no can do; I prefer to watch the road rather than my
speedometer."

Probably not well (can you say "Contempt of Cop" ticket?), but it'd be
interesting to try - once.

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |

RASCAR Winter Series Road Course Race 1 - 1/8/05 David G Fisher Simulators 24 January 8th 05 09:29 AM
drive with kindness (road peace instead of road rage) dash2 Driving 42 January 6th 05 08:32 PM
Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 08:39 PM
Rollercoaster Road - Missouri D. Rogers Mazda 2 August 31st 04 01:39 AM