1994 Mustang hinge pins

Old April 10th 08, 08:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
wowzer

Default 1994 Mustang hinge pins

The driver's door is in need of new hinge pins. I've been told I have to
take the panel off, disconnect everything and then take the door off to
replace the hinge pins. Looking at this, it seems that if I support the door
with a couple of jacks I could probably take out the hinge pins, install the
new bushings and pins and maybe just do a little bit of adjustment. Any
thoughts or ideas? Is this feasible or do I need to take the whole thing
off? I'll probably be doing it by myself and since the door is awkward I
can see me having trouble taking it off completely.

Thanks for any ideas.

Old April 10th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
gernic

"wowzer" > wrote in message
news:dMCdnYH66d1pLmDanZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@uniservecomm unications...
> The driver's door is in need of new hinge pins. I've been told I have to
> take the panel off, disconnect everything and then take the door off to
> replace the hinge pins. Looking at this, it seems that if I support the
> door with a couple of jacks I could probably take out the hinge pins,
> install the new bushings and pins and maybe just do a little bit of
> adjustment. Any thoughts or ideas? Is this feasible or do I need to take
> the whole thing off? I'll probably be doing it by myself and since the
> door is awkward I can see me having trouble taking it off completely.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.

usually it is done by two people, one has to hold the door, and the other
align and put the pins in/out.
Some shops have a lift that holds the door

Door hinge pins Hawkeye65 Ford Mustang 10 February 19th 08 02:28 AM
Replacing door hinge pins Lawrence Witter VW air cooled 6 August 29th 06 12:35 PM
Removing hinge pins popeyeball Jeep 8 November 10th 05 09:43 PM
Decklid Quick-Release Hinge Pins [email protected] VW air cooled 1 August 18th 05 02:30 AM
Door hinge pins.... Ervin Charles VW air cooled 8 May 15th 05 09:06 PM