Cars with a 351W

Old April 3rd 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Cars with a 351W

Does anyone know or have a list of all of the cars that ford put the
351W in?
I am rebuilding a mustang with a junk 289 in it and want more power so
i am looking at upgrading to a 351W.
Old April 3rd 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scott W.

> wrote in message
> Does anyone know or have a list of all of the cars that ford put the
> 351W in?
> I am rebuilding a mustang with a junk 289 in it and want more power so
> i am looking at upgrading to a 351W.

They put them in pretty much anything that would carry a V8 during the late
70's. Look in the F-series trucks, T-Birds, Cougar's, most of the Lincoln's.
Once Ford dumped the Cleveland they went to the 351/400M and then back to
the 351W. Though, I believe you're more likely to find the M than the W.
Good luck with the search. I replaced my C9 351 Windsor with a D9 block.

Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500
'69 Mustang Sportsroof

Old April 4th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bucky Habanero

On Apr 2, 9:31*pm, wrote:
> Does anyone know or have a list of all of the cars that ford put the
> 351W in?
> I am rebuilding a mustang with a junk 289 in it and want more power so
> i am looking at upgrading to a 351W.

The last vehicles with the Windsor were the Econolines, F series
pickups
and the big Bronco. The last year was 1996.

The last Mustang with a "5.8" was the 1995 Cobra R, extremely rare.

The last production 351 car was the Crown Vic Police Interceptor 1991.

351w chevyman84 Ford Mustang 9 March 15th 08 08:53 PM
69 vs 76 351w [email protected] Ford Mustang 2 January 18th 06 02:55 AM
351W into an 88 LX w/2.3L EFI Blink Ford Mustang 5 July 18th 05 06:55 AM
351w into a CJ7 Mike Duane Jr. Jeep 2 June 15th 05 12:22 AM
83 351W What will it fit? Spike Ford Mustang 1 May 8th 05 04:14 AM