coincidence?

Old January 20th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Default coincidence?

by extraordinary coincidence, this story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070120/...asoline_prices

happens to be this story:

http://amatechtel.com/news/wed/ca/Ag...s.R-4c_HJJ.asp

which comes from the stable of a certain west texas "communications"
company:

http://amatechtel.com/contact/about.asp

now, what industry is it again that is heavily represented in that
state? and which industry has an interest in trying to convince us that
it's ok for gas prices to climb instantly when oil goes up, but take
ages to drop again, if at all, when oil prices drop? help me - i'm
having some trouble connecting the dots here...
Old January 20th 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:00:46 -0800, jim beam wrote:

> by extraordinary coincidence, this story:
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070120/...asoline_prices
>
> happens to be this story:
>
> http://amatechtel.com/news/wed/ca/Ag...s.R-4c_HJJ.asp
>
> which comes from the stable of a certain west texas "communications"
> company:
>
> http://amatechtel.com/contact/about.asp
>
> now, what industry is it again that is heavily represented in that
> state? and which industry has an interest in trying to convince us that
> it's ok for gas prices to climb instantly when oil goes up, but take
> ages to drop again, if at all, when oil prices drop? help me - i'm
> having some trouble connecting the dots here...

Both copies of the article are from the same place. The AP (Associated
Press). The article was written by a staff writer for one of the world's
largest wire services. If you look hard, you'll probably find it in about
15 other places.

the content of the article is certainly entertaining, though. When crude
prices spike, the corner gas station spikes the price of gas as well.
When the price is rising, he couldn't care less about how much he paid for
the gas in the ground. It's all about futures, and seeing how much profit
he can make (which is fine... Capitalism, American Way, all that happy
horse ****), but when prices plummet, he is worried about taking a loss...
It's almost comical...