Am I asking too much for my 93??

Old September 16th 05, 03:57 PM

Default Am I asking too much for my 93??

Hi,
Im selling my red 93, I have it listed on all the free websites and and
autotrader.com and a local paper, the bargain news. Its been three
weeks now and only one serious caller. I'm was asking 5,500, now 5,300.
Its in good shape, take a look.

den.st/car

Am I asking too much? Anyone had luck with other sites?

Old September 16th 05, 04:36 PM
Christopher Muto

unless it is totally mint with fresh tires, top, and timing belt and it has
low miles the i would say the price seems high. also, it is a buyers market
in the fall for miatas. in the spring it is a sellers market. wait till
spring if you can...
you can check out kbb.com (kelly blue book) to determine what they think are
'private party' prices... i find their numbers to be low, but in the case
of a '93 in 'excellent' condition with 100k on it they say it is worth about
$2,900 in my area... see what it says after you enter your details.

oups.com...

Old September 17th 05, 03:37 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

To be honest, the Red color works against you on price. It's not that
everyone feels like me that it's the worst color for a sports car. On the
contrary, it's by far the most produced miata color that year. Problem is,
supply and demand hurts you here. I don't think the pricing guides take this
into account but it's clear and easy to see when you watch used miata prices
all the time. Well, my wife says ALL THE TIME!

Check out other similar cars on these or similar sites, it'll help you get
an idea. Would yours (based on price and condition) draw your attention if
you were shopping?

Good luck,
Chris
92BB&T(still down and out)

Old September 17th 05, 02:53 PM
Craig Wagner

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

>To be honest, the Red color works against you on price. It's not that
>everyone feels like me that it's the worst color for a sports car. On the
>contrary, it's by far the most produced miata color that year. Problem is,
>supply and demand hurts you here. I don't think the pricing guides take this
>into account but it's clear and easy to see when you watch used miata prices
>all the time. Well, my wife says ALL THE TIME!

The used car price guide at Edmunds (www.edmunds.com) does take color into
consideration when evaluating the price of a used vehicle.

--
Craig Wagner, craig(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com
Portland, OR

"Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"
Old September 17th 05, 03:11 PM
Ken Lyons

> wrote
> Im selling my red 93, I have it listed on all the free websites and and
> autotrader.com and a local paper, the bargain news. Its been three
> weeks now and only one serious caller. I'm was asking 5,500, now 5,300.
> Its in good shape, take a look.

Five years ago we bought our '90 with 63,000 miles on it for $5,000, which
we considered a fair deal for both the buyers and seller. You have a Miata
that is 2 years older than ours was at purchase time, reported by you to be
in only "good" condition and wtih unspecified mileage. If those aren't
Canadian dollars I'd say you have overpriced it.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old September 17th 05, 11:36 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

I wonder how it effects price though, same as all other cars or based on the
previous selling price of hundreds of miatas. It would be interesting to
hear if anyone actually knows.

Chris
92BB&T