Some coincidence???

Old June 15th 05, 06:55 PM
elaich

Default Some coincidence???

I found a way to filter hurc ast. When I rescored the window, I noticed
several other regular posters (won't mention any names because they may be
innocent) were also filtered. Oh, hell, filtering on message ID is going to
take out innocent people. No good.

BUT.... when I opened all the filtered posts by several different posters,
I noticed they ALL had more in common than just a posting org.

I find it hard to believe this is a coincidence. I offer that hurc ast is a
sock puppet as well as a few regular posters who always play nice and seem
to be model citizens. A few of them are hurc ast's favorite targets (sock
puppet puppet show?)

--
"Go Spurs! Beat Detroit!"
Old June 15th 05, 07:29 PM
Darn

Well, now you're filtering anyone using the same version of Forte
Agent newsreader. Then again, I guess you won't see this, will you?

Old June 15th 05, 07:53 PM
D.K.R.

Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 2.0/32.652 means that he and others are
using the same newsreader. That's all. No conspiracy theories necessary.

Old June 15th 05, 09:03 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 6/15/2005 10:55 AM, elaich wrote:

> BUT.... when I opened all the filtered posts by several different posters,
> I noticed they ALL had more in common than just a posting org.

> I find it hard to believe this is a coincidence.

I don't. The free version of Forté's Agent is a *very* popular newsreader.

What I /do/ find hard to believe is that hurcie managed to get Agent
configured properly all by his lonesome. He must have had help; Such a
complex task is well beyond his mental capacity.

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old June 15th 05, 09:48 PM
Spike

I use Forte News Agent 2.0 (Paid), and the only difference between
paid and Free is that some parts of Free Agent are disabled. You find
the same thing with such programs as Eudora Pro email. If you filter
out all who use Forte Free Agent, you may stop some troll, but you'll
also stop the good people who use it as well.

Just ID the trolls, filter them, by whatever means works best for your
system, each time they change their ID, and ignore them, as well as
ignore any posts which obviously are responses to them.

If you must reply, do so, but, please delete the name of this
newsgroup from your reply.

Biggest thing is IGNORE them. They are not worthy of your response.
They are only here to bait people into confrontations. That gets them
off. It's all they have to live for. Calling them names and the rest
only gives them what they seek.

On 15 Jun 2005 17:55:59 GMT, elaich > wrote:

>I found a way to filter hurc ast. When I rescored the window, I noticed
>several other regular posters (won't mention any names because they may be
>innocent) were also filtered. Oh, hell, filtering on message ID is going to
>take out innocent people. No good.
>
>BUT.... when I opened all the filtered posts by several different posters,
>I noticed they ALL had more in common than just a posting org.

>I find it hard to believe this is a coincidence. I offer that hurc ast is a
>sock puppet as well as a few regular posters who always play nice and seem
>to be model citizens. A few of them are hurc ast's favorite targets (sock
>puppet puppet show?)

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16