Giulietta - new photos

Old December 22nd 09, 09:40 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Giulietta - new photos

J.D. wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> J.D. wrote:
>>> She is not looking bad ...
>>> http://alfaromeogiulietta.it/

>> Totally unconvinced, I'm afraid
>>

> I know one thing: I never saw Alfa Romeo that I don't like.
> My first reaction about new Giulietta was: I don't like this,
> don't like that ... but I start changing my opinion.

I know what you mean. I realised that when I walked to the GT in a car
park and found myself smiling

> We need to wait to see her in live next year and I am sure
> it will be: wow! Specially with 1.750 turbo multi-air and

That engine is not getting great reviews from the AROC over here either.

> 235 HP and not in white. The red colour will be the best
> for Giulietta, I think.

I can understand that. Sadly I don't do red cars. Unless someone wants
to give me a sensible priced SZ?
116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2 GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 22nd 09, 09:52 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
J.D.[_2_]

"Catman" > wrote in message

> I know what you mean. I realised that when I walked to the GT in a car
> park and found myself smiling

I am smiling for many years and hope it will be more.

Old December 22nd 09, 09:58 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> Zathras spoke:
>> If it's anything like the Mito, it won't look a great deal better in
>> the flesh either.

> It looks just like a MiTo with angles, to me.
>
> --
> Rob Pearson
> 156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)
> 164 V6 Lusso (gone)

Seconded.

Dave S...

Old December 22nd 09, 10:40 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:15:43 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:20:41 +0100, "J.D." >
>> wrote:
>>
>>..the previous Giulietta wasn't the greatest looker either.

>Oi! That's my other Missus you're talking about there

Sorry. In one draft of my rant, I'd put in an apology to yourself but
I deleted it thinking that if I didn't draw attention to it you'd not
notice. Shoulda known.. Regardless, yours is still prettier than the
latest vomit.. 8-(

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old December 22nd 09, 10:53 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:40:44 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>J.D. wrote:
>>> Totally unconvinced, I'm afraid
>>>

>> I know one thing: I never saw Alfa Romeo that I don't like.
>> My first reaction about new Giulietta was: I don't like this,
>> don't like that ... but I start changing my opinion.

>I know what you mean. I realised that when I walked to the GT in a car
>park and found myself smiling

Fool..the GT was always a good looking motor! ;-)

Old December 22nd 09, 11:15 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:15:43 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Zathras wrote:
>>> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:20:41 +0100, "J.D." >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> ..the previous Giulietta wasn't the greatest looker either.

>> Oi! That's my other Missus you're talking about there

> Sorry. In one draft of my rant, I'd put in an apology to yourself but
> I deleted it thinking that if I didn't draw attention to it you'd not
> notice. Shoulda known.. Regardless, yours is still prettier than the
> latest vomit.. 8-(

Heh. In all honesty, I don't think it could be described as pretty. But
then, neither am I. Imposing will do me.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Old December 22nd 09, 11:16 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:40:44 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> J.D. wrote:
>>>>
>>> I know one thing: I never saw Alfa Romeo that I don't like.
>>> My first reaction about new Giulietta was: I don't like this,
>>> don't like that ... but I start changing my opinion.

>> I know what you mean. I realised that when I walked to the GT in a car
>> park and found myself smiling

> Fool..the GT was always a good looking motor! ;-)

You think? I don't. Rear lights are too small, so the straight rear on
view looks too lardy, and the grill is too big, but not agressive
enough. IMHO of course.

Old December 22nd 09, 04:32 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:16:46 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:40:44 +0000, Catman
>> > wrote:

>>> I know what you mean. I realised that when I walked to the GT in a car
>>> park and found myself smiling

>> Fool..the GT was always a good looking motor! ;-)
>>

>You think? I don't. Rear lights are too small, so the straight rear on
>view looks too lardy, and the grill is too big, but not agressive
>enough. IMHO of course.

Oh for goodness sake!! The GT won the prestigious "L'Automobile piů
Bella del Mondo" along with the Murcielago. So, in summary, the GT is
a pretty thing (not IMHO) and you've got no taste (IMHO). Even so, I
do agree with you about the rear lights! :-( Having said that, I
thought it always gave the car a distinctive and unique appearance at
the rear. The front is pretty. Like my women, aggressive and butch is
out for a car to get my vote on the looks front.

Old December 22nd 09, 04:39 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:15:32 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:15:43 +0000, Catman
>> > wrote:

>>> Oi! That's my other Missus you're talking about there

>> Sorry. In one draft of my rant, I'd put in an apology to yourself but
>> I deleted it thinking that if I didn't draw attention to it you'd not
>> notice. Shoulda known.. Regardless, yours is still prettier than the
>> latest vomit.. 8-(
>>

>Heh. In all honesty, I don't think it could be described as pretty.

Observe that I said it was prettier than a pavement pizza. Next up the
pretty scale would be a dog turd..that still doesn't count as remotely
pretty!

> But then, neither am I.

Steady, at least SWMBO must be able to tolerate your appearance. If
not, there must be compensatory factors elsewhere.. 8-)

> Imposing will do me.

Hadn't you lost most of that after consulting with Dr Atkins!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)

For sale: Giulietta '78 Monét Alfa Romeo 2 March 17th 06 06:01 PM
Giulietta '78 Monét Alfa Romeo 5 February 13th 06 10:50 AM
GTV and Giulietta SteveH Alfa Romeo 2 September 19th 05 04:39 PM
Giulietta is purring again :) Gordon Alfa Romeo 1 July 7th 04 04:15 PM
I 50 anni di Giulietta Bourne Alfa Romeo 2 May 13th 04 07:30 PM