Pikey tyres

Old October 9th 09, 06:27 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Default Pikey tyres

The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my
financial partners pulled out in June I am flat broke most
of the time.

So I called in to The Tyre Shop, purveyors of cheap rubber
to the denizens of Ollerton (ex mining village) and bought
a pair of economy branded fronts for the princely sum of
£89 - the pair, balanced and fitted!

I was somewhat wary, but they drove, tracked and sounded
fine, and as luck would have it I've just driven 20 miles
through heavy rain and they are OK in the wet as well!

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old October 9th 09, 06:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

R C Nesbit wrote:
> The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my
> financial partners pulled out in June I am flat broke most
> of the time.
>
> So I called in to The Tyre Shop, purveyors of cheap rubber
> to the denizens of Ollerton (ex mining village) and bought
> a pair of economy branded fronts for the princely sum of
> £89 - the pair, balanced and fitted!
>
> I was somewhat wary, but they drove, tracked and sounded
> fine, and as luck would have it I've just driven 20 miles
> through heavy rain and they are OK in the wet as well!

Excellent stuff. Do they have a pikey sun roof repairer? It appears that
SWMBO's new GTV leaks.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old October 9th 09, 09:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Catman wrote:
> R C Nesbit wrote:
>> The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my financial
>> partners pulled out in June I am flat broke most of the time.
>>
>> So I called in to The Tyre Shop, purveyors of cheap rubber to the
>> denizens of Ollerton (ex mining village) and bought a pair of economy
>> branded fronts for the princely sum of £89 - the pair, balanced and
>> fitted!
>>
>> I was somewhat wary, but they drove, tracked and sounded fine, and as
>> luck would have it I've just driven 20 miles through heavy rain and
>> they are OK in the wet as well!
>>

> Excellent stuff. Do they have a pikey sun roof repairer? It appears that
> SWMBO's new GTV leaks.

Or not. It was the rain on the roof, apparently. Glad I didn't miss that.

Old October 10th 09, 06:07 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Catman spoke:
> > Excellent stuff. Do they have a pikey sun roof repairer? It appears that
> > SWMBO's new GTV leaks.
> >

> Or not. It was the rain on the roof, apparently. Glad I didn't miss that.

Oh.

OK, then.

<wanders off in a confused daze>

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old October 10th 09, 06:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

R C Nesbit wrote:
> Catman spoke:
>>> Excellent stuff. Do they have a pikey sun roof repairer? It appears that
>>> SWMBO's new GTV leaks.
>>>

>> Or not. It was the rain on the roof, apparently. Glad I didn't miss that.

> Oh.
>
> OK, then.
>
> <wanders off in a confused daze>

Nothing new then?

Old October 11th 09, 05:20 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

R C Nesbit > wrote:

> The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my
> financial partners pulled out in June I am flat broke most
> of the time.
>
> So I called in to The Tyre Shop, purveyors of cheap rubber
> to the denizens of Ollerton (ex mining village) and bought
> a pair of economy branded fronts for the princely sum of
> £89 - the pair, balanced and fitted!
>
> I was somewhat wary, but they drove, tracked and sounded
> fine, and as luck would have it I've just driven 20 miles
> through heavy rain and they are OK in the wet as well!

Marangoni are usually the answer when you need cheap tyres for an Alfa.
Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit
Old October 12th 09, 10:30 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> R C Nesbit > wrote:
>
>> The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my
>> financial partners pulled out in June I am flat broke most
>> of the time.
>>
>> So I called in to The Tyre Shop, purveyors of cheap rubber
>> to the denizens of Ollerton (ex mining village) and bought
>> a pair of economy branded fronts for the princely sum of
>> £89 - the pair, balanced and fitted!
>>
>> I was somewhat wary, but they drove, tracked and sounded
>> fine, and as luck would have it I've just driven 20 miles
>> through heavy rain and they are OK in the wet as well!

> Marangoni are usually the answer when you need cheap tyres for an Alfa.

/me thinks he needs tyres and bushes pretty soon

Plus the 36k service on the ST, plus the holiday, plus R being sort of
out of work.

Gonna be an expensive Autumn.

Old October 13th 09, 10:25 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
David A Stocks[_3_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..

> Marangoni are usually the answer when you need cheap tyres for an Alfa.

I had a pair on the rear of my 156. I think they lasted for about 30K
miles/5 years, but were very noisy towards the end of their life - sounded a
bit like a grumbling wheel bearing between 30 and 60 mph. They would
probably have been fine if they had been shifted to the front after a couple
of years, but things didn't happen that way.

D A Stocks

Old October 14th 09, 01:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
J.D.[_2_]

"R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my
> financial partners pulled out in June I am flat broke most
> of the time.
>
> So I called in to The Tyre Shop, purveyors of cheap rubber
> to the denizens of Ollerton (ex mining village) and bought
> a pair of economy branded fronts for the princely sum of
> £89 - the pair, balanced and fitted!
>
> I was somewhat wary, but they drove, tracked and sounded
> fine, and as luck would have it I've just driven 20 miles
> through heavy rain and they are OK in the wet as well!

Hallo,
Typical mistake!
New tyres should go on the rear. Not front!

Old October 14th 09, 02:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

J.D. > wrote:

> "R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> > The 156 was in need of a pair of front tyres, but since my
> > financial partners pulled out in June I am flat broke most
> > of the time.
> >
> > So I called in to The Tyre Shop, purveyors of cheap rubber
> > to the denizens of Ollerton (ex mining village) and bought
> > a pair of economy branded fronts for the princely sum of
> > £89 - the pair, balanced and fitted!
> >
> > I was somewhat wary, but they drove, tracked and sounded
> > fine, and as luck would have it I've just driven 20 miles
> > through heavy rain and they are OK in the wet as well!
> >

> Hallo,
> Typical mistake!
> New tyres should go on the rear. Not front!

<passes round popcorn>

I always put new tyres on the driven wheels.

tyres [email protected] Alfa Romeo 0 November 26th 06 05:00 PM
Tyres Dave Milne Jeep 19 November 14th 05 10:17 PM
GTA Tyres theorangery Alfa Romeo 7 April 15th 05 03:55 PM
Tyres again Tony Rickard Alfa Romeo 8 December 1st 04 10:17 PM
Tyres which ones GrL 4x4 4 January 16th 04 02:35 AM