Poor 156

Old December 3rd 09, 04:04 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Emerson

Default Poor 156

"Zathras" > wrote in message
news
> At this stage in the game, I would send (max recorded delivery
> service) a *full* photocopied dossier in a big envelope marked as
> follows:
>
> FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF:
>
> Mr Christopher Nicoll
> Managing Director
> Alfa Romeo UK Ltd.

<snip good advice>

> To ensure maximum pressure is applied as quickly as possible, you
> *must* also send a copy of this letter (recorded delivery, for
> personal attention etc, as before) to the managing director of "ALLAM
> MOTOR SERVICES LIMITED". Note that it needs to be an *exact* copy and
> that the original letter should also have cc his name and company so
> everyone knows who's in on the letter to Mr Nicoll. You should be able
> to get his name (for a very small fee) from Companies House he
>
> http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/45...c2/compdetails

How about "Jeff Allam - Director and Retail Operator "?

> In case you're wondering, I did the above with Richard Branson a few
> years ago and was amazed at the speed and quality of the results! Not
> least of which is that you *never* get put back into the hands of
> ordinary customer service monkeys - you always get to deal with more
> motivated senior managers who will have been given a simple "sort it"
> instruction from the gods high above.

I suspect Richard Branson is somewhat unique in his approach.

--
Dave
ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop

Old December 3rd 09, 04:45 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:04:38 -0000, "Dave Emerson"
> wrote:

>I suspect Richard Branson is somewhat unique in his approach.

Don't be fooled, underneath that furry coating lies a businessman. My
dealings with him appeared no different from other dealings of that
kind. It's just that he's the highest profile person I've done
business with.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)
Old December 3rd 09, 05:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"Zathras" > wrote in message
news
SNIP

> That should do it. If not then, my next letter would be to a certain
> Fiat SpA Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne!

SNIP

Thanks Zathras (remind me, why "Zathras" ?)....

I've already (today) written to A Humberstone (MD of Fiat Group UK) and J
Allam (Director of Allams).

According to AROC UK , Chris Nicoll is no longer with Alfa (looks like they
don't have a UK MD anymore. Shows you how important the marque is !!).

I also copied in Ed McDonough (something to add to his file of "bad dealer"
stories).

Sent them all a covering letter, together with a day-by-day account of "my
156's experience at the hands of an Alfa dealer for 50 days".

I agree with your concept of "going to the top" : couple of years ago, my
daughter's broadband died. After her spending some time trying to get it
fixed via the usual off-shore call-centre route, I dropped an email to Ben
Verwaayen (head honcho of BT at the time). Result - instant email response,
an engineer on site within 48 hours, broadband fixed. So, it does work
sometimes.

Dave S....

Old December 3rd 09, 05:40 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"Dave Emerson" > wrote in message
> How about "Jeff Allam - Director and Retail Operator "?

Spot on !

> I suspect Richard Branson is somewhat unique in his approach.

Well, it worked for me with BT also (a certain Ben Verwaayen at the time)

> --
> Dave
> ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop
> http://tinyurl.com/4mhaw

Dave S....

Old December 3rd 09, 06:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:38:09 -0000, "Dave Savage"
> wrote:

>Thanks Zathras (remind me, why "Zathras" ?)....

I wanted a rare nom de plume for News Group use. I'm seriously into
Sci Fi and this guy ticked a few boxes regarding my professional life.
In particular, "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other
people's needs.". He's not that popular (or well known) a character so
it fitted my desire for rarity. More worryingly, I think I have a bit
of his sense of humour!!

From one of the two best SciFi series ever (the other being the
re-imagined BSG)..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zathras

>I've already (today) written to A Humberstone (MD of Fiat Group UK) and J
>Allam (Director of Allams).
>
>According to AROC UK , Chris Nicoll is no longer with Alfa (looks like they
>don't have a UK MD anymore. Shows you how important the marque is !!).
>
>I also copied in Ed McDonough (something to add to his file of "bad dealer"
>stories).
>
>Sent them all a covering letter, together with a day-by-day account of "my
>156's experience at the hands of an Alfa dealer for 50 days".

Excellent!

>I agree with your concept of "going to the top" : couple of years ago, my
>daughter's broadband died. After her spending some time trying to get it
>fixed via the usual off-shore call-centre route, I dropped an email to Ben
>Verwaayen (head honcho of BT at the time). Result - instant email response,
>an engineer on site within 48 hours, broadband fixed. So, it does work
>sometimes.

It's always worked for me. It's a technique, a key that unlocks a
common chain of events in all big business.

Old December 12th 09, 10:59 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"Zathras" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:38:09 -0000, "Dave Savage"
> > wrote:
>

>>I've already (today) written to A Humberstone (MD of Fiat Group UK) and J
>>Allam (Director of Allams).
>>
>>According to AROC UK , Chris Nicoll is no longer with Alfa (looks like
>>they
>>don't have a UK MD anymore. Shows you how important the marque is !!).
>>
>>I also copied in Ed McDonough (something to add to his file of "bad
>>dealer"
>>stories).
>>
>>Sent them all a covering letter, together with a day-by-day account of "my
>>156's experience at the hands of an Alfa dealer for 50 days".

> Excellent!
>
>>I agree with your concept of "going to the top" : couple of years ago, my
>>daughter's broadband died. After her spending some time trying to get it
>>fixed via the usual off-shore call-centre route, I dropped an email to Ben
>>Verwaayen (head honcho of BT at the time). Result - instant email
>>response,
>>an engineer on site within 48 hours, broadband fixed. So, it does work
>>sometimes.

> It's always worked for me. It's a technique, a key that unlocks a
> common chain of events in all big business.

Having written to Fiat Group UK on 3rd December, they (Customer Relations)
wrote back on 7th December :

In summary, they want the car back at the dealer, they will send in a Master
Technician to undertake diagnosis (they'll pay for diagnosis), and we'll
take it from there.

To be continued ......

Dave S...

Old December 12th 09, 12:09 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:59:34 -0000, "Dave Savage"
> wrote:

>Having written to Fiat Group UK on 3rd December, they (Customer Relations)
>wrote back on 7th December :
>
>In summary, they want the car back at the dealer, they will send in a Master
>Technician to undertake diagnosis (they'll pay for diagnosis), and we'll
>take it from there.
>
>To be continued ......

Good news so far..

Old December 12th 09, 02:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:59:34 -0000, "Dave Savage"
> > wrote:
>
>> Having written to Fiat Group UK on 3rd December, they (Customer Relations)
>> wrote back on 7th December :
>>
>> In summary, they want the car back at the dealer, they will send in a Master
>> Technician to undertake diagnosis (they'll pay for diagnosis), and we'll
>> take it from there.
>>
>> To be continued ......

> Good news so far..

Indeed. The top down approach works.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2 GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Poor performance at 85 mph on my 88 C4 lifeskills Corvette 5 October 31st 06 02:30 AM
The reason for the poor m.p.g. on my PT tomkanpa Chrysler 43 August 24th 06 04:03 PM
e39 - poor get up and go 74afroman BMW 1 May 29th 05 11:14 AM
Poor Milage linda grommon Dodge 26 March 12th 05 10:58 AM