Poor 156

Old September 14th 09, 09:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Default Poor 156

What has it done to deserve this?

http://www.gumtree.com/london/70/43256470.html

Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit
Old September 16th 09, 01:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
J.D.[_2_]

. ..

What a **** !

Old September 16th 09, 01:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

SteveH spoke:
> What has it done to deserve this?

Probably a moody car like mine.

Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! One day it will
drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
scalded cat!

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old September 16th 09, 09:47 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

R C Nesbit wrote:
> SteveH spoke:
>> What has it done to deserve this?

> Probably a moody car like mine.
>
> Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! One day it will
> drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
> decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
> scalded cat!

New MAF for you, mate.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old September 22nd 09, 11:16 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Charlie Money

On Sep 16, 9:47*pm, Catman > wrote:
> > Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! *One day it will
> > drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
> > decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
> > scalded cat!

> New MAF for you, mate.

Or EGR valve...
Old October 10th 09, 09:05 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"Charlie Money" > wrote in message
On Sep 16, 9:47 pm, Catman > wrote:
> > Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! One day it will
> > drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
> > decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
> > scalded cat!

> New MAF for you, mate.

Or EGR valve...

Excuse my ignorance - wot's an EGR valve ?

Dave S... (currently nursing very sick 156, I'm pretty sure it's the MAF,
had same problem 20k miles ago) :>((

Old October 10th 09, 04:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Dave Savage wrote:
> "Charlie Money" > wrote in message
> On Sep 16, 9:47 pm, Catman > wrote:
>>> Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! One day it will
>>> drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
>>> decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
>>> scalded cat!

>> New MAF for you, mate.

> Or EGR valve...
>
> Excuse my ignorance - wot's an EGR valve ?
>
> Dave S... (currently nursing very sick 156, I'm pretty sure it's the MAF,
> had same problem 20k miles ago) :>((

Exhaust gas recirculation valve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2
Old October 19th 09, 06:19 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"> Dave S... (currently nursing very sick 156, I'm pretty sure it's the MAF,
> had same problem 20k miles ago) :>((

Well - I got that one completely wrong.

A "nice young man from the AA" came out last Thursday and discovered that
one of the plugs is well oiled-up.

Poss cause - knackered gasket ??

Anyway, 156 is now down at the local Alfa dealer (Allams of Epsom) awaiting
diagnosis / fix - I'll be posting bulletins on the palace gates as and when
there's anything to report.

Dave S.. :>(( (not a happy bunny)

Old October 19th 09, 06:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Emerson

"Dave Savage" > wrote in message

> A "nice young man from the AA" came out last Thursday and discovered that
> one of the plugs is well oiled-up.
>
> Poss cause - knackered gasket ??

- piston ring?
- valveguide seal?
- cracked head?
- ...

--
Dave
ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop

Old October 19th 09, 07:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage

"Dave Emerson" > wrote in message

> "Dave Savage" > wrote in message
>
>> A "nice young man from the AA" came out last Thursday and discovered that
>> one of the plugs is well oiled-up.
>>
>> Poss cause - knackered gasket ??

> - piston ring?
> - valveguide seal?
> - cracked head?
> - ...
>

> --
> Dave
> ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop
> http://tinyurl.com/4mhaw

Oh my ! Looks like I'm spoilt for choice ...... all sounds most
un-pleasant !!! :>((

Dave S...

Poor performance at 85 mph on my 88 C4 lifeskills Corvette 5 October 31st 06 02:30 AM
The reason for the poor m.p.g. on my PT tomkanpa Chrysler 43 August 24th 06 04:03 PM
e39 - poor get up and go 74afroman BMW 1 May 29th 05 11:14 AM
Poor Milage linda grommon Dodge 26 March 12th 05 10:58 AM