What happened to....

Old October 12th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Default What happened to....

..... summer? Went out to make a lap around the block this evening and
had to wear a heavy shirt??? Yesterday it was 94F, a little cold for
me but tolerable, tonight it's 65F, I was afraid of encountering polar
bears!

I may have to put the top up and fire up the heater in the Miata?

I don't have a heater in the hotrod, I just had to shiver!

The hotrod:
http://www.easymobilityco.com/merits...ty_scooter.htm
Scroll down, I have the black one so it'll show the dirt better...

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old October 12th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"XS11E" > wrote
> .... summer?

It moved to Washington, DC. It is 76°F right now and will hit 82° tomorrow.
Mornings are delightfully cool, however. The tops are down on both Miatas
right now and may stay down for my wife's drive in to work tomorrow.

Sippin' bourbon (not driving) and enjoying the nice weather.......
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old October 13th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Ken Lyons wrote:
> "XS11E" wrote
>> .... summer?

> It moved to Washington, DC. It is 76°F right now and will hit 82°
> tomorrow. Mornings are delightfully cool, however. The tops are down
> on both Miatas right now and may stay down for my wife's drive in to
> work tomorrow.
>
> Sippin' bourbon (not driving) and enjoying the nice weather.......

And it's on its way to Pennsylvania. The temp tomorrow is supposed to
be over 85F.

Guess I won't be putting the top up yet. Or hauling the winter tires
out of storage. <G>

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old October 13th 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:37:41 GMT, "Ken Lyons" >
wrote:

>....The tops are down on both Miatas
>right now and may stay down for my wife's drive in to work tomorrow.

Ummm, Ken, tomorrow is a holiday for most people in the DC area...

Top always down for us, until firts snow, when the hardtop goes on. Drove to Ft.
Myer to play tennis yestaerday and today. Wish the pool was still open...

>Sippin' bourbon (not driving) and enjoying the nice weather.......

Calvados for us, watching football, baseball, and the time-delayed F1 from
Japan. My wife is off tomorrow. 8

-- Larry
Old October 14th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"pltrgyst" > wrote
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:37:41 GMT, "Ken Lyons"
> >
> wrote:
>
>>....The tops are down on both Miatas
>>right now and may stay down for my wife's drive in to work tomorrow.

> Ummm, Ken, tomorrow is a holiday for most people in the DC area...

OK - rub it in. Working Fed holidays does make for nice commutes, even on my
bike.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
An ordinary citizen Inside the Beltway

Old October 14th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:37:41 +0000, Ken Lyons wrote:
> "XS11E" > wrote
>
>> .... summer?

> It moved to Washington, DC. It is 76°F right now and will hit 82°
> tomorrow. Mornings are delightfully cool, however. The tops are down
> on both Miatas right now and may stay down for my wife's drive in to
> work tomorrow.

Nightly lows still only going down to 70 or so. It's 77 right now and
it's 9:30 pm. But the cold weather is coming. We nearly had frost last
winter.

> Sippin' bourbon (not driving) and enjoying the nice weather.......

As a transplanted Canadian I only recently discovered bourbon. (Knob
Hill? Knob Creek?) Whatever it was, it was excellent. It don't drink a
lot of hard liquor but it was easily the equal of any of the Scotches
I've had. I could go for one right now :-)

It happened.. Manu Mazda 8 October 2nd 07 02:06 AM
What Happened Jim Mc Donald Mazda 2 January 8th 07 11:19 PM
What happened? Alias Ford Mustang 10 June 4th 05 07:09 AM
What happened!? [email protected] Driving 6 May 3rd 05 03:14 AM
Okay, now it's happened to me... [email protected] BMW 4 April 11th 05 08:52 PM