NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

Old October 21st 07, 10:52 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.lexus,alt.autos.bmw
Bill Rider

Default NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

Tom wrote:
> Plus 75% of their batteries will cause your car to have faulty Fuel Reading.

How did you arrive at that figure? A fuel gage is on an instrument
regulator, isn't it? That's because alternator voltage varies,
depending on the load and the temperature, for examples.

> I bought one of their batteries a few days ago, I had never opened its seal nor used it. I later discovered that my other battery in my car is fine, something was wrong with my car's charging system. Any way, I thought I wouldn't be needing this new battery, now I am stuck with their battery.

A spare battery can be useful. If you keep it charged in a cool place it
should last many years.

> Their EverStart batteries (black color) had jumpy Current flow, its Current+Voltage will jump from 12.80v to 13.76v, also to 15.45volts,

Alternators can jump like that. 15.45 sounds a little high in warm
weather. Off the shelf, a battery may have to sit on a charger a day or
two before it will work right. The problem could also be corrosion in a
connection or a faulty alternator/regulator.

> 75% of their batteries won't give you a constant current flow. How do I know this? I put a current & volt meter on their battery and that's how I know.

You said you hadn't opened the seal on the battery. You could turn on
your headlights with the engine off. If the battery is fully charged,
the voltage should be about 12.6. If the lights don't flicker, the
current flow is constant. If they flicker, the problem may be in the
electrical system.

> A jumpy battery will cause the fuel pressure to fluctuate because the fuel pump depends on a constant flow of current.

Do you know your fuel pressure fluctuates? I imagine it should be
constant despite the voltage variations you described.