Milky Mazda windows?

Old September 30th 05, 11:05 AM
2forgetmenot

Thanks again.

I am going to try the bon ami cleaner, I've tried every other cleaner,
amonia, bleach, vinegar, special cleaners from the auto store and they all
do a great job, but in 3-4 days the milky, greasy film is back again.

thanks.

Old September 30th 05, 12:47 PM
Eric Baber

"2forgetmenot" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Thanks again.
>
> I am going to try the bon ami cleaner, I've tried every other cleaner,
> amonia, bleach, vinegar, special cleaners from the auto store and they all
> do a great job, but in 3-4 days the milky, greasy film is back again.
>
> thanks.

Just to clarify: is the milky film on the inside or the outside of the
windows?

Eric

Old September 30th 05, 04:22 PM
Natman

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:15:24 -0400, "2forgetmenot"
> wrote:

>thanks for the help of unclogging the black box. it worked and i saved
>$30-60.00
>my next problem, which i have been told was a result of the leak i had in
>the car, but i solved that problem and still have this problem. it is
>milky windows, i clean the windows everyday before driving and everyday
>they have this milky film on them. what could be the problem?

Have you been cleaning your dashboard with Armor All?
Old October 3rd 05, 12:55 AM
mike

2forgetmenot wrote:
> thanks for the help of unclogging the black box. it worked and i saved
> $30-60.00
> my next problem, which i have been told was a result of the leak i had in
> the car, but i solved that problem and still have this problem. it is
> milky windows, i clean the windows everyday before driving and everyday
> they have this milky film on them. what could be the problem?

For removing small pits in both glass and plastic convertible rear
windows, I often polish them both with white toothpaste. The abrasives
in the white toothpaste seem to be just right when i need to get out the
scratches of a poor condition plastic window. I also use it with my
power drill and a buffer on glass. however I have broken a glass
windows on my door because the heat put into the glass made it shatter.
Don't be too scared or this, I was putting lots of pressure on the
windows. They had major scratches from the windows guides... And
frankly they were scratches sooo badly everyone else said. "replace em"
so I figured I had nothing to lose... Until it shattered, half of the
scratch was completely gone.
Old October 10th 05, 04:28 PM
David

Sounds like someone has used Armor-All or a similar silicon spray to
lube the rubber sweeps to make the windows operate smoothly. You might
take the sweeps off and clean them with alcohol or carb. cleaner.

Plan to purchase MAZDA 3 S. Any comments?, advice?. warnings? [email protected] Mazda 1 March 15th 05 02:13 AM
MAZDA 6 with 2.3 inline 4 Ez Mazda 0 February 24th 05 10:00 PM
Mazda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Mazda 0 February 12th 05 02:59 PM
EA NASCAR Demo Is Released David G Fisher Simulators 41 January 23rd 05 07:31 PM
OEM Mazda parts microfiche sets for sale Bigjfig Mazda 0 August 29th 04 11:21 PM