What opened the windows?

Old October 9th 05, 12:33 AM
Ronny

Default What opened the windows?

"Anthony R. Gold" > wrote in message
>I just went to my garage and after unlocking and fetching something from
> one of my cars (allroad 2005), I turned away to attend to another vehicle.
> I later went back to the allroad to secure it and found that all four
> windows were fully opened. What did that? What sequence of remote fob
> presses or door closes will cause the car to open all its windows?
>
> Tony

I think there is a faulty Convenience module on some Audi's, this will need
taking to your dealer, unless you accidentally used to auto open in your
house (sitting on the key) which I doubt very much.

To Auto open your windows, just hold the unlock button on your keyfob and
all the windows go down.

Old October 10th 05, 01:58 AM
John & Ninetta

Interestingly, on my Allroad, one must insert the key in the door, manually
unlock it, and hold the key in the unlock position for a few seconds for all
the windows to roll down. Pressing and holding the unlock button on the
keyfob will not auto open the windows. For which country does this keyfob
function work?

John
Allroad '04
Canada

Old October 10th 05, 04:25 AM
Billie

Works on Australian A4-A6-A8 2002 onwards.

--
Mike Mitchell
Queensland Hire

Ph 5499 3933
Fx 5495 7299

E:
W:
www.queenslandhire.com.au

Old October 10th 05, 04:30 AM
daytripper

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 20:58:17 -0400, "John & Ninetta" >
wrote:

>Interestingly, on my Allroad, one must insert the key in the door, manually
>unlock it, and hold the key in the unlock position for a few seconds for all
>the windows to roll down. Pressing and holding the unlock button on the
>keyfob will not auto open the windows. For which country does this keyfob
>function work?

I'd imagine any country that has a VAG tool or emulator to enable all of the
"neato" optional features that aren't set by default...

Old October 10th 05, 05:47 PM
Graham

John & Ninetta wrote:
> Interestingly, on my Allroad, one must insert the key in the door, manually
> unlock it, and hold the key in the unlock position for a few seconds for all
> the windows to roll down. Pressing and holding the unlock button on the
> keyfob will not auto open the windows. For which country does this keyfob
> function work?

It *should* work everywhere, but may have been disabled. Note that you
need to hold down the button for *at least* 5 seconds before it will
operate.

Old October 10th 05, 11:33 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Anthony R. Gold" > wrote:

> The "close all" has obvious advantages, but if Audi's rocket
> scientists wanted something to do with a long press on the unlock key,
> I would have voted for "open all 1 inch and tilt roof" over the
> unusual and IMO pretty useless choice they settled upon.

If you want the windows open by one inch, then you can release the
button when the windows have opened to that position!

Old October 11th 05, 12:07 AM
John & Ninetta

> It *should* work everywhere, but may have been disabled. Note that you
> need to hold down the button for *at least* 5 seconds before it will
> operate.

Nope. I tried it several times. Also, there is nothing in the manual about
the keyfob function. They call it "convenience open/close" depending on to
which side you turn and hold the key in the lock. I assume its the same in
the USA as the manual is the same for both Canada and USA. Any Americans
have any input on this keyfob function?

John
Allroad '04
Canada

Old October 11th 05, 01:01 AM
daytripper

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:07:36 -0400, "John & Ninetta" >
wrote:

>> It *should* work everywhere, but may have been disabled. Note that you
>> need to hold down the button for *at least* 5 seconds before it will
>> operate.

>Nope. I tried it several times. Also, there is nothing in the manual about
>the keyfob function. They call it "convenience open/close" depending on to
>which side you turn and hold the key in the lock. I assume its the same in
>the USA as the manual is the same for both Canada and USA. Any Americans
>have any input on this keyfob function?

I use it all summer long, it lets the blast of furnace heat out of the car
before I get in...
Old October 11th 05, 05:06 AM
Art M

"John & Ninetta" > wrote in message

>> It *should* work everywhere, but may have been disabled. Note that you
>> need to hold down the button for *at least* 5 seconds before it will
>> operate.

> Nope. I tried it several times. Also, there is nothing in the manual
> about the keyfob function. They call it "convenience open/close"
> depending on to which side you turn and hold the key in the lock. I
> assume its the same in the USA as the manual is the same for both Canada
> and USA. Any Americans have any input on this keyfob function?
>
> John
> Allroad '04
> Canada

Check out Module 46:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html

Old October 16th 05, 08:38 PM
Steve G

It all depends on how the software is set up. You can plug the car into the
software and change any of these settings!! Can be done via a laptop and
software purchased from some clever guys.

look here
http://www.audiworld.com