High rev for no reason

Old November 9th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Linda[_2_]

Default High rev for no reason

Several months ago I had a gentleman on this site reply to me regarding
high rev while highway driving. I don't recall what he said and
can't find it in my mail. The 94 SW2 with 80K on the motor & trans
would suddenly increase RPM's up to around 3K I would have to put it
in neutral and rev up a few times before it would drop down. Any ideas?
I restore Brit cars and bikes so I will understand the response.
Linda

Old November 9th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

My first instinct would be to clean out the throttle body. Next, I would
suspect problably the EGR valve and have it inspected.

marx404

Old December 11th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article om>, "Linda" > wrote:
>What is the ECM is that the cap or something else?

Engine Control Module.

Hard for me to remember that... after 13 years working in a military R&D
facility, every time I read ECM, I think "electronic counter-measures". But
that's a different story.

--
Regards,