spark plugs

Old August 26th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Moore

Default spark plugs

Anyone using bosch platinum in their miata? Are they any good? Or should I
try some other kind

thx

Old August 27th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Don Moore" > wrote:

> Anyone using bosch platinum in their miata? Are they any good?

I tried them once. They worked. No advantage over the standard NGK,
though.
Old August 27th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Moore

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Don Moore" > wrote:
>
> > Anyone using bosch platinum in their miata? Are they any good?

> I tried them once. They worked. No advantage over the standard NGK,
> though.

Hi Lanny, I thought about using OEM plugs but I don't want to have to
change them every 30000 - 40000 miles or so. I was hoping the titanium
plugs would last maybe 60000 or so. Am I wrong in thinking they will?

Old August 27th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Moore

> "Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Don Moore" > wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone using bosch platinum in their miata? Are they any good?

> > I tried them once. They worked. No advantage over the standard NGK,
> > though.

> Hi Lanny, I thought about using OEM plugs but I don't want to have to
> change them every 30000 - 40000 miles or so. I was hoping the titanium
> plugs would last maybe 60000 or so. Am I wrong in thinking they will?

Er make that platinum plugs.

Old August 27th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Don Moore" > wrote:

>> I was hoping the titanium plugs would last maybe 60000 or so. Am I
>> wrong in thinking they will?
>>

> Er make that platinum plugs.

That's OK, we knew what you meant. ;-)

I know the platinum plugs will last longer, how much so is open to
debate. Considering the price they'd have to last a lot longer to be
worth the money...

Old August 27th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Don Moore" > wrote:

> I thought about using OEM plugs but I don't want to have to
> change them every 30000 - 40000 miles or so.

It's probably not a bad idea to remove and replace spark plugs that
often even if you put the old ones back in, just to keep them from
seizing in the head. "Regular" plugs last an awful long time with modern
ignition systems; it's not like the bad old days of "points, plugs, and
condenser" every 15k.

Don't wait 50k miles to replace your air filter element, though.
Old August 27th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:06:15 -0400, "Don Moore" > wrote:

>> > Anyone using bosch platinum in their miata? Are they any good?

>> I tried them once. They worked. No advantage over the standard NGK,
>> though.

>Hi Lanny, I thought about using OEM plugs but I don't want to have to
>change them every 30000 - 40000 miles or so. I was hoping the titanium
>plugs would last maybe 60000 or so. Am I wrong in thinking they will?

They could, theoretically. Reviews about fifteen years ago ascribed potential
advantages to their multi-electrode design under long-term, stressful
conditions.

I used to use them in a TR-8 and a Formula Ford, but it was probably pointless
expense, since I changed plugs so often anyway.

But if you don't pull your plugs occasionally to inspect them -- say at least
every 15K miles -- then you're regarding your engine as a throw-away, and that
could get expensive.

-- Larry

spark plugs mabar Jeep 21 November 5th 06 08:40 PM
Spark Plugs Richard Chrysler 7 October 30th 06 03:20 PM
Oil on Spark plugs robzombie92881 Dodge 4 February 19th 06 01:20 AM
Spark plugs bug '59 VW air cooled 6 September 6th 05 10:58 PM
Oil in the spark plugs steveo2012 BMW 4 August 23rd 05 03:14 AM