spark plugs

Old March 15th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
newman

Default spark plugs

What is the correct Motorcraft spark plug for 2000 Limited 5.0 V8? I will
probably use Motorcrafts; the originals have given me good service.

Is it SP432 (Autozone shows this) or AWSF-32EE (owners manual shows this)?

Thanks.

Old March 15th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
C. E. White[_1_]

"newman" > wrote in message
> What is the correct Motorcraft spark plug for 2000 Limited 5.0 V8?
> I will
> probably use Motorcrafts; the originals have given me good service.
>
> Is it SP432 (Autozone shows this) or AWSF-32EE (owners manual shows
> this)?

According to the on line Motorcraft Catalog (
http://www.motorcraft.com/catalog.do ) you have two choices:

1) SP413 Suppressor Spark Plug PREMIUM NICKEL ALLOY - .054 GAP
2) SP432 Suppressor Spark Plug PLATINUM FINEWIRE - .054 GAP

I'd go with the SP432 Platinum Plugs.

AWSF-32EE is the old style Ford/Motorcraft P/N for the SP432 plugs.
These are double platinum plugs. I have no idea why Ford changes
numbers so frequently. When you pull your old plugs out of the engine,
don't be surprised if they have a different number, and the number is
different on the left and right banks. The OE plugs were single
platinum and only had platinum on the electrode where it was needed
(this is for engines with waste spark ignition). The replacement plugs
will be double platinum so that you don't have to worry about mixing
the plugs up.

Ed

Old March 15th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
newman

thanks CE

Old March 26th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
quiggles

Both numbers are the same, sp432 is the new number. I am a parts/service
manger at a ford dealership, for is changing the numbers on their plugs

spark plugs mabar Jeep 21 November 5th 06 08:40 PM
Oil on Spark plugs robzombie92881 Dodge 4 February 19th 06 01:20 AM
Spark Plugs LooseWheel Dodge 13 December 3rd 05 11:23 PM
Spark plugs scapa Honda 2 January 4th 05 06:08 AM
156 2.5 V6 Spark plugs? [email protected] Alfa Romeo 0 May 1st 04 11:11 PM