GPL and 100% detail bias...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 29th 04, 06:51 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:34:54 +0100, "Malc" >
wrote something like:

>"Jussi Koukku" > wrote in message
.. .

>> I'm certainly not going to keep z-buffer disabled, 22fps is far from
>> acceptable. 99% detail bias is also unacceptable cause my rig can
>> easily handle 100%. Plus it's very much noticeable.

>Except you are clearly saying it cannot ;-)

LOL, I guess you're right in a way =)

>Solution #4: Throw money at your PC. Get an nVidia 5900XT or 6800GT or
>something, and use OpenGL.

No need to go back to that blurry OGL image quality ;-)

>I run gpl at 1600x1200 with 8xAniso, 100% detail & so on & get about
>32fps at the back of a full gplea grid (about 30 at Monaco with the
>rocks update), and 36 fps everywhere else. No transparent cars, lovely.
>Don't really need AA at 1600x1200 but the card has the power to use it
>online & hotlapping so I do. I'm rarely at the back of a full grid of AI
>but I often watch server replays with full grids.

I'd run it at 1600x1200 too if only my 19" CRT would give me more than
75Hz at that resolution. 36fps at that resolution is no problem, only
in monaco I get less than that at the back of the grid. Next time I
start throwing money at the general direction of my PC, it'll be for a
new monitor. But thanks for the suggestions.
--
- Jussi Koukku -