Chinese car crash test results...

Old October 15th 05, 11:36 AM
BE

Default Chinese car crash test results...

"The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero - the worst-ever
score - in safety tests"

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...783784,00.html

I guess in a country with a billion plus people, who cares about fatality
rates?

Old October 15th 05, 04:03 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, BE wrote:

> "The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero - the
> worst-ever score - in safety tests"

Crash test videos:
Exterior cam: http://www.thecaddythatzigs.com/landwind_crash.wmv
Interior cam: http://www.thecaddythatzigs.com/land...h_interior.wmv

At 45 km/h (28 mph), the driver has a 100% probability of dying.

It's only a matter of (not much) time before this garbage shows up in
North America, with every last safety and emissions certification test
thoroughly falsified. Malcolm Bricklin is doing his part to speed the
process along.

Look on the bright side: Those knuckledraggers who still blather on about
how they're preserving freedom and democracy by refusing to wear a
seatbelt will finally be a little less wrong: It won't matter, in "cars"
like this one.

DS
Old October 15th 05, 05:32 PM
Dave

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, BE wrote:
>
> > "The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero - the
> > worst-ever score - in safety tests"

> Crash test videos:
> Exterior cam: http://www.thecaddythatzigs.com/landwind_crash.wmv
> Interior cam: http://www.thecaddythatzigs.com/land...h_interior.wmv
>
> At 45 km/h (28 mph), the driver has a 100% probability of dying.
>
> It's only a matter of (not much) time before this garbage shows up in
> North America, with every last safety and emissions certification test
> thoroughly falsified. Malcolm Bricklin is doing his part to speed the
> process along.
>
> Look on the bright side: Those knuckledraggers who still blather on about
> how they're preserving freedom and democracy by refusing to wear a
> seatbelt will finally be a little less wrong: It won't matter, in "cars"
> like this one.
>
> DS

Did anyone else notice the freaking headrest bends forward just from
the impact force - nothing even contacts it. Aren't those supposed to
like, stay in place so that your head isn't getting slammed around?

Another fine product Made in China.

Dave

Old October 15th 05, 05:44 PM
Floyd Rogers

"Dave" > wrote
> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, BE wrote:
>> > "The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero - the
>> > worst-ever score - in safety tests"

>> Crash test videos:
>> Exterior cam: http://www.thecaddythatzigs.com/landwind_crash.wmv
>> Interior cam: http://www.thecaddythatzigs.com/land...h_interior.wmv
>>
>> At 45 km/h (28 mph), the driver has a 100% probability of dying.

> Did anyone else notice the freaking headrest bends forward just from
> the impact force - nothing even contacts it. Aren't those supposed to
> like, stay in place so that your head isn't getting slammed around?

What I noticed was the totally useless airbag: if the steering wheel
is forced into the driver's neck and decapitates him, what use is keeping
the driver from dying from steering wheel impact?

FloydR

Old October 15th 05, 06:15 PM
Ulf

Floyd Rogers wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote
>
>> Daniel J. Stern wrote:

>>> Crash test videos:
>>> Exterior cam: http://www.thecaddythatzigs.com/landwind_crash.wmv
>>> Interior cam:
>>> http://www.thecaddythatzigs.com/land...h_interior.wmv
>>>
>>> At 45 km/h (28 mph), the driver has a 100% probability of dying.

>> Did anyone else notice the freaking headrest bends forward just from
>> the impact force - nothing even contacts it. Aren't those supposed to
>> like, stay in place so that your head isn't getting slammed around?

> What I noticed was the totally useless airbag: if the steering wheel
> is forced into the driver's neck and decapitates him, what use is keeping
> the driver from dying from steering wheel impact?

A car with an airbag is conceived safer than one without.

> FloydR

Ulf
Old October 15th 05, 08:21 PM
Daniel J. Stern

http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/i...ws/07-10-05_32

"The Landwind SUV's Chinese manufacturer yesterday presented documents to
prove that, contrary to reports circulating during the vehicle's launch at
the Frankfurt Motor Show, the Landwind SUV complies with all EU safety
standards. The importer says independent test performed by the German TÜV
institute make it clear that the Landwind SUV meets or surpasses all
current EU regulations for the safety of driver and occupants.

There were also comments during the Frankfurt Show on the striking
similarity of the Landwind to the now-discontinued Isuzu-based SUV
marketed in Europe as the Opel/Vauxhall Frontera.

At a press conference in The Hague, European distributor Peter Bijvelds
underlined that the Landwind aims to improve safety, comfort and fuel
efficiency standards further."

Uh-huh.

I am quite certain "the TüV institute in Germany" did no tests on this
vehicle. There are TüV-test labs all over the world, and some of them are
quite happy to rubberstamp whatever applications come across their desk,
as long as the attached check doesn't bounce.

I would ask how the Dutch importer manages to sleep at night, but those of
his type seldom have difficulty of that sort.

Old October 15th 05, 08:54 PM
Daniel J. Stern

http://www.jmclandwind.nl/live.php?s...ersconferentie

If you can sit through the unedited beginning part of the press conference
and not worry about the importer-MBAsshole prattling on in Dutch, the
Chinese guy comes on and talks (in Engrish) about how the ADAC test is a
lie because Landwind wasn't invited, the Landwind is The Right Choice, and
Landwind pass all Chinese safety tess. No driva or passaja lose duh life
in Landwind in China inna lass three yeea.

*spit*

Old October 15th 05, 11:46 PM
223rem

BE wrote:
> "The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero - the worst-ever
> score - in safety tests"
>
> http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...783784,00.html
>
> I guess in a country with a billion plus people, who cares about fatality
> rates?

JiangLing LandWind?! LMFAO... Who'd buy a car with such a name?
Old October 16th 05, 12:07 AM
223rem

BE wrote:
> "The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero - the worst-ever
> score - in safety tests"
>
> http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...783784,00.html

European governments should not allow these cars on the road.
Old October 16th 05, 12:54 AM
Nate Nagel

223rem wrote:
> BE wrote:
>
>> "The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero - the
>> worst-ever score - in safety tests"
>>
>> http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...783784,00.html

> European governments should not allow these cars on the road.

why not? is it their job to protect citizens from their poor choices?
They did the crash tests and published the information, sounds like
their job is done. (so long as the vehicles have the required lighting
and pass all the relevant braking, handling etc. standards)

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel